Chapter 10

-Chapter 10-

"Dayum girl, you look smokin',"
Suzan wolf whistled as she checked me out, "Anyone specific you wanna impress today?"

"I thought we're friends Suzan, you should know me by now," I said rolling my eyes at her as I continued to rummage through my locker, "I don't dress to impress, people dress to impress me." I huffed with a lot of smugness and cockiness and slammed my locker shut.

"You're right about that," she said rubbing her neck sheepishly.

"Seriously?" I asked baffled, "you don't need to impress me Suzan. Not anymore. I liked you the day you came up to me and claimed me your friend. I like people who are confident and believe in themselves. You have both of those traits and more. Now there's nothing you or anyone can do to change my perspective of you."

Suzan stood there, baffled, with her jaw hanging open and then she composed herself, " That almost brought tears to my eyes."

I rolled my eyes playfully at her, "Of course it did. And btw, I don't see why everyone here is trying to impress me. Why?"

"You just don't see it do you?" She said getting in step with me as we headed our way to our first class of the day, "Everyone adores you. You just have that kind of an aura around you that makes people want to prove themselves to you. I think I speak for everyone when I say this, there's just something about you that nobody can resist. You don't see it but there's a literal war between every other person about who's going to come up to you and say the first word. Literally. Of course, nobody actually manages to gather the courage to come up to you, but still. You are special and unique. And also the fact that you're a multimillionaires daughter. Nothing more. And I think you already know that judging by the cockiness on your face," she laughed rolling her eyes at me.

I sniffed, wiping a fake tear away, "You touched my heart deeply Suzan. You really did."

"Of course I did," she laughed softly as we entered the classroom and took our seats in the far left corner.

"Someone seems to be admiring you," Suzan leaned towards me and whispered, discreetly pointing two rows ahead of me.

I looked in the direction she was pointing and sure enough, someone was staring at me. Someone named Colton.
"My bad," Suzan scoffed, " They're all staring at you."

I chuckled softly, rolling my eyes, "Of course they are. I do look spectacularly ravishing."

"Don't be so full yourself," Suzan pushed me playfully making me chuckle.

I don't see the big deal, really. I was wearing a black crop top with a sweetheart neckline, a pair of red skinny jeans, my black leather jacket and my usual-ankle high heeled boots. And of course, I also had my Louis Vuitton bag.

Sigh. To think I came here to avoid attention.

"Class is starting," Suzan whispered.

"I can see that doofus," I retorted back.

" I just wanted to tell you that even Mr. Hood seems smitten by you. And he is usually so cool all the time," Suzan said smiling cheekily at me.

"Really?" I drawled, "If he was so smitten, he would be staring at me like everyone else, not focusing on class."

"I speak the truth."

"Shut up."

I rolled my eyes at her and began taking notes. I was trying to focus on what the teacher was saying, but I couldn't. This morning when I joined Arabelle for breakfast, she was literally gleaming. I don't think I've ever seen her this happy. It makes me happy to know that I'm the reason for her happiness.