Prologue

********Dedicated to TheGirlOnline14 for the amazing book cover*******

-Prologue-

It all happened so suddenly I had no time to think.

I was in a car, with my driver; since I can't exactly drive. I was heading to my grandmother's sisters' home in Black Forest, Colorado.

I had decided, along with my parents permission, that I would be living somewhere far from home right now because I needed it very desperately as did everyone around me.
And my grandmother's sister was the perfect person to go to.

She lived alone in a small town where everybody knew everybody, and there was peace and quiet.

But how could I, or anyone, have foretold that on my way there, this would happen.

                             ***
"Yes, mom. I will be fine. I'm staying with your aunt, remember?" I spoke through the phone as I played with the hem of my black lace dress.

"I know, sweetheart." My mother said from the other side of the phone, worry lacing her tone, "But my little raven is going out into the world, all on her own. Of course I'm going to be worried."

"Firstly, I'm already eighteen." I chuckled, "And secondly, it was your idea to send me to Arabelles'. "

"I know." She sighed deeply, "But I cant help it. You are my only daughter and I won't be seeing you for the next few months. I am going to miss you dearly."

"I'll miss you too mom." I whispered, a tear escaping my eye, "I love you."

"I love you too, my little raven. Stay safe." She whispered back.

"Okay I'll hang up now." I said wiping away the another escaped tear, "Bye mom."

"Bye sweetheart." She whispered and then the line went dead.

I sighed, slipping my phone in my hand purse and looked up to ask the driver how much longer we were going to be on the road.

"Hey, are we the—" but my breath got caught in my throat and I gasped as I saw something standing in the middle of the road.

"Watch out!"  I screamed.

And that's when it happened.

He had turned to answer me and then hearing me scream, he turned back around and took a sharp left seeing the thing on the road. Time seemed to slow down as the car severed off the road, rolling around three times before it slammed into a large tree.

I felt myself hanging upside down. I tried to unbuckle the seatbelt, but it was jammed.

"Bucky.." I whispered, calling to my driver. But he didn't answer.

"Bucky wake up." I hit the back of his seat with as much force as I could muster in my condition.

I groaned as I felt my head pounding and every other body part hurting like hell. I touched my forehead and felt something wet. My head was bleeding and I could also feel blood dripping down my arm.

I struggled to keep my eyes open as I was loosing consciousness.

"Help." I managed to say in a somewhat loud voice. "Somebody help."

"Help!" I screamed out this time, using up all the energy I could find inside me. "Somebody help."

I groaned again as I felt myself loosing the  battle.

We were so close to town. If only I could reach somebody.

I looked around at the bottom of the car, as far as my sight could reach, for my purse. Finding it near the car door, I reached down, trying to grab it, but it kept slipping from my sweaty fingers. Finally getting ahold of it, I opened it and took out my phone, relieved to see that it had survived the crash.

Unlocking my phone with much difficulty, I looked through my contacts for the person closet to me right now, Arabelle Nightingale, my grandmother's sister.

I dialled her number just as the phone slipped through my grasp and fell on my purse at the bottom of the car.

"Hello?" I faintly heard her voice through the phone, "Corinna?"

"H-Help.." I managed to muster out one final time before I slowly slipped into the awaiting arms of darkness.

The last thing I heard was Arabelle's frantic calls to me and then I could hear no more.

***

-Edited-