Chapter 27

Chapter 27-

-Recap-

I chanted the spell under my breath a few times. I then opened  my mind so I could see where he is.

After a few minutes, I could see him in my mind . It was like a dream. The place looked familiar, like I've been there before. It was illuminated by the sun. The pillars shining. And-

I gasped opening my eyes.

"He's in the tomb."

——————

"Did you just do a locator spell?"

I whipped my head around, startled by the voice.

"Aren't you supposed to be sleeping?"I retorted.

"Answer me."  James said, his face more serious than ever.

"Look." I said getting up and putting out the fire, "I can explain."

"I'm listening."

"I had to find my grandfather." I huffed.

"Your grandfather? Why?"

"Because his life is in danger!" I exclaimed, throwing my hands in the air, "And if don't go and help him, he might die."

"How do you know this?" He inquired, his eyes still holding suspicion.

"I just do, okay." I answered pursing my lips, "You have to trust me on this one."

"Why should I when I find you doing spells in the middle of the night when everyone thought you couldn't." He retorted, folding his arms across his chest.

"I- because you owe me." I huffed yet again, irritated, "You said, and I quote, 'since you saved our lives, we are indebted to you.' Consider this your debt paid."

"Fine. Whatever." He muttered giving up.

"And now that you're here, you can help me."

"What? No."

"Yes. Please." I pleaded, "You have to come with me. You have to. My grandfathers life depends on it."

He sighed heavily looking up at the starry sky and running a hand down his face, "Why am I so soft?"

"Yes!" I exclaimed as I jumped and hugged me.

"Okay. Okay." He patted my back and pulled me off of him, "Let's go now."

"You know you're just like Rayan." I smiled tucking my hand in the crook of his as we began our journey.

"Who?"

"He's one of my best friends." I replied pulling him in the right direction, "You'll be fast friends, the both of you."

"Sure, whatever you say."

~~~

"Wow." James exclaimed, bewitched by the beauty of the tomb, "What is this place?"

"I call it the tomb." I replied jogging up the stairs.

"Classic and original." He deadpanned.

"I didn't exactly have time to think of a name okay? I've only been here like twice." I retorted.

"This place is huge." He said mesmerized  and walking away whilst he admired the shining walls.

"I know." I said pulling him towards me, "We are going here."

"Where is he?" I muttered running my hands through my hair as I looked around for Atticus.

"What are we looking for exactly?"