Chapter 24

-Chapter 24-

Recap-

"Corinna?"

I turned to a very shocked and hurt voice.

"Oh shit." Josie muttered as she came and stood next to me.

I sighed deeply, running a hand down my face and smiled at him, "Hi Colton. I wasn't expecting to see you here."

***

I smiled, even though I am so tired of everything that is happening around me. It will take more than a lot of strength for a normal person to go through what happens to me on a daily basis. I wouldn't wish that upon anyone.

Well, maybe the ones I hate. I would definitely wish that upon them.

But right now, I have to find a way to get out of the situation at hand.

"What are you doing here?" Colton asked in a cold tone, his eyes on the arm tightly wrapped around my waist. "And where the heck were you?"

"She was with me." Hunter said nonchalantly, his face stone cold.

I slapped his chest, giving him a look that said shut up, "He was not talking to you."

He shrugged, looking away whilst gritting his teeth.

I sighed as I turned to Colton and smiled, choosing my next words carefully, "I'm here with my friends."

"I don't care who you're here with!"He growled, "Where the fuck were you the past month?

I could feel Hunter tensing up beside me. I sighed and rested my hand on his, rubbing circles to calm him down.

"It's hard to explain Colton." I said, looking him dead in the eye, "Besides, you wouldn't understand."

"I wouldn't understand?" He exclaimed, "Did you even try to tell me? Do you have any idea how mad I've been going looking for you? All the thin-"

"I didn't ask you to look for me, okay!" I exclaimed, cutting him off. "So just stop."

He huffed, his face giving away how shocking and ridiculous he thinks this situation is. He then gritted his teeth saying, "I was looking for you because you are my mate and I was worried about you."

"I understand that, Colton." I said calmly, "But you have to understand, this can not work."

"What is that supposed to even mean?!" He growled stepping towards me. "You are my mate! You are mine!"

"Colton, listen to me." Josie stepped forward, trying to calm him down while I discreetly squeezed Hunter's other hand to stop him from lashing out.

"What's going on here?"

We all turned to see Rhodey and the guys come up behind Tammy, staring down Colton.

"This guy giving you trouble Cori?" Rhodey asked me, raising his eyebrow with a ridiculous look on his face.

I gave him a look that said -are-you-serious- and said, "No, Rhodey. He is not. We were just talking."

"Since when do outsiders get to call you Cori?" Josie exclaimed, her hands on her hips as she glared at Rhodey and then me.

"He has never called me that before!" I defended raising my arms in surrender. "I don't know why he is now!"

"What are you talking about Cori?!" Tammy gasped with fake shock and hurt, "I thought we were all a big happy family. Me and Rhodey your best friends, the twins your brothers and Hunter your boyfriend. What happened now?"