karaoke night

wc: 2131

i got this idea completely at random and decided to write it before i forgot ab it and i love it

tw; drunken eef and ig mention of alcohol idk??

~line~

They were supposed to just have some fun. They were supposed to just go to the karaoke bar, sing a few songs, and leave by midnight.

But now, Mark was sitting on the couch, sober as he should be, watching as a drunk Ethan was singing. Even drunk he sounded really good. Though, Ethan did say he wouldn't get too drunk tonight. But here he was, wasted and singing a song that mostly consisted of him saying "you're so beautiful."

Mark wasn't entirely listening, he was lost in his thoughts trying to figure out how the hell he was supposed to get Ethan to sober up. He heard the music starting to calm down and looked up at Ethan.

"Hey Mark!" Ethan shouted between the words. "You're so beautiful, my eyes are open now."

Mark looked confused for a moment, trying to comprehend this.

"You're so beautiful, I just can't contain this sound," Ethan continued. He was looking directly at Mark as he sang.

Was he just singing this because he's drunk? Mark was still confused, but he felt his face heating up anyway.

"You're so beautiful, my heart is screaming now."

Ethan looked like he was serious about all of this, though his slight sway betrayed him. Mark gulped slightly, feeling his heart beating faster.

"You're so beautiful," Ethan continued. He leaned against the mic stand slightly to stabilize himself. He put the mic down and stumbled off the stage, Mark standing up instinctively to help him. Mark didn't know what to say about the song choice. Ethan leaned slightly against Mark and smiled at him. "Heyyy, Mark!" He hiccupped and grumbled at that.

"Ethan, you are so fucking drunk," Mark chuckled, not moving from holding Ethan.

A moment of quiet passed of them just looking at each other.

"Mark?"

"Yeah?" Mark breathed out quietly.

"Can I kiss you?" Ethan asked.

Mark sighed softly. "I- Ethan you're drunk, I don't think we should."

"Mark, please?" Ethan gave him puppy-dog eyes.

"You are drunk," Mark emphasized, gently pushing Ethan to stand on his own.

"Maaaark," Ethan whined, trying to step closer. Mark kept his hands on Ethan's shoulders to keep him there.

"Ethan, please don't make this harder than it already is," Mark sighed. "I- I do want to, but I shouldn't take advantage of you being drunk."

"Just one? Please?" Ethan asked, pouting.

"No, now come on. Let's get you sobered up and home, okay?" Mark spoke, letting Ethan go and grabbing their jackets. He picked up his phone and checked the time. "Fuck, how is it already 1:30?" He huffed and handed Ethan his jacket. "C'mon."

Ethan grabbed the jacket and struggled to put it on. "Mark, I don't wanna," he pouted, crossing his arms.

"Ethan, let's go."

"No."

"Ethan."

"No," Ethan insisted.

"Ethan I will carry you out of here if I have to," Mark warned.