you want me to paint you what?

wc: 872

tw: none

a/n: i went back to each chapter and added in word counts and trigger warnings just in case :)

~line~

"Mark it's not that it's a bad idea it's just... I dunno, a little odd?" Ethan was looking at Mark, Ethan's arms crossed self-consciously.

"It's content, is it not?" Mark replied like it was obvious. "It'll be fun, what's wrong with it?"

Ethan shrugged, still holding his elbows. "Are you not like... self-concious or anything?"

"Is that what this is about?" Mark asked, suddenly concerned. He stepped closer to Ethan.

"Kinda, yeah!" Ethan replied indignantly. "I know it's weird but I just don't-" he paused and sighed.

"You don't what? Think your body is perfect? Nobody is, Ethan," Mark started, stepping closer. "Everyone is different and beautiful in their own way. You don't have to meet any standards that are set. Just because I may or may not be considered better looking doesn't mean you yourself aren't."

Ethan looked up at Mark, a small smile on his face. "You think so?" He asked.

Mark nodded. "I know so." He stopped and snorted a bit. "That was so cliché-"

"I was about to say," Ethan interrupted, his words drowning into laughter.

Mark laughed with him. "I really do mean it, though, Ethan. You're perfect in every w-" He stopped, realizing what he was doing.

Ethan looked at him again, his brow furrowing. "Wait, no, finish the sentence, Mark."

"No just... forget about it," Mark turned away. "I-I wasn't- it's not-" He stuttered over his words.

Ethan huffed quietly, slightly annoyed. "Mark, what were you going to say?" He asked.

"N-nothing! It's not important." Mark wouldn't turn around. He was pretending to be busy from what Ethan could see.

Ethan grumbled and stepped over to the older man. "Mark, what were you going to say?" He repeated, more serious.

Mark stopped, putting down the random objects he was holding. He looked away from Ethan.

"Mark."

He wouldn't respond. Ethan rolled his eyes. "Ma-"

"I was going to say that..." Mark interrupted, but he trailed off into a sigh.

Ethan gently put his hand on Mark's shoulder, turning him around. He could now see that Mark's face was incredibly red.

"I-I think you're perfect in every way," Mark mumbled, barely audible. "A-and you don't have to think otherwise."

Ethan was now turning red. "Mark..." he mumbled, a small smile appearing on his face.

The older man finally looked up from the floor at his friend. Ethan could swear that Mark's eyes looked like there were tears brimming on the edges. Before he could get a chance to say anything, his words were taken away by a sudden, feather-light touch on his cheek, gently stroking. If Ethan's cheeks weren't warm before, they really are now. Mark's hand stopped stroking and were now resting against Ethan's jaw, holding it oh so lightly.

Ethan was full of anticipation. He felt as if he knew what could happen here, but he didn't know. The possibilities are endless here. As his mind was caught up in thoughts, he finally noticed that Mark's face was mere inches from his as Mark was slowly leaning closer. Ethan couldn't help it and he just closed his eyes, leaning forward a bit to help them both out.

The kiss was soft and slow, a nice tender moment before Mark pulled back. Ethan opened his eyes, practically giving Mark puppy eyes for more.

"I-," Mark wanted to speak, but he had no words. He glanced away, wiping his eyes for a moment.

Ethan breathed out shakily, not having any words either. He wanted to say something- anything! He had to, but he had no words.

Thankfully, Mark had actions, which would speak louder than any words either of them could speak. He pulled Ethan closer to him and kissed him again.

Ethan closed his eyes again and let himself relax against Mark, trusting the latter to keep Ethan stable.

This time, the kiss wasn't as soft as before. The two prolonged the kiss by taking small breaks for air. Ethan barely noticed Mark picking him up and turning them so Ethan was against a wall. After a few more moments, they pulled back, panting. Ethan hadn't even been aware of their surroundings. He didn't even know that he had his hands in Mark's hair.

Mark smiled, still lightly panting. "You are perfect to me, and I hope you know that," he chuckled.

Ethan smiled and nodded. "Thank you," he whispered. "For everything. Especially these last few- I don't know, not even ten minutes," he chuckled.

Mark smiled, leaning closed again. "Then let's just make it a little longer than ten minutes, huh?" He suggested, starting a small kiss.

Ethan stopped for a moment. "Wait, hold on. I hope you mean just this, y'know? I'm willing to paint you naked for now but not get too intimate just yet," he stumbled over the words awkwardly.

"What- no I wasn't suggesting that just yet! I-I'm not taking this all too fast right now," Mark stuttered out. "This is- this is fine for now until we're both ready, okay?"

Ethan giggled and smiled again. "Of course, we can't move that fast."

"I still want to keep this going, though," Mark stated leaning forward and kissing him again, light, yet passionate.