the tour bus

wc: 720

tw: panic attack

~line~

Mark had never planned to have a panic attack on the tour bus in his bed. It just happened; they were on their way to the last show of the tour and he didn't want to fuck it up. He had been nervous, but now being about two hours away, it made him panic more.

He felt as if he was overthinking, but he couldn't stop himself. Mark didn't notice when the door opened either; he was too busy trying to calm his breathing.

"Mark, you good?" A familiar voice asked. Mark quickly sniffled and wiped his face. He took a deep breath before peeking his head out from his top bunk.

"Hey Ethan," he sighed softly, his face clearly showing that he'd been crying. Mark couldn't help but smile at his blue-haired friend.

Ethan frowned a bit and walked over to his bunk, climbing up the ladder and sitting on it. "What's got you so down?" He asked, tilting his head slightly. It reminded him of Chica doing the same, and he couldn't tell who looked cuter while doing it.

"I-It's nothing, I'm just overthinking," Mark lied, sniffling and rubbing his eyes again from under his glasses. He took them off since they were getting fogged up.

"Crying over nothing seems odd, what's the truth?" Ethan asked, getting onto the bed and tossing his shoes to the ground. He smiled a bit at Mark, crossing his legs.

Mark just smiled again, going silent as he accidentally started staring at Ethan. He didn't care about all the acne on the latter's face, Mark still thought that Ethan was beautiful. He also couldn't make it clearer that he liked the younger man; how couldn't he? Mark spent so much time with Ethan he felt as if he was one of his closest friends. He wished it was more too many times.

"Uh, Mark, you good?" Ethan asked, snapping his fingers to get Mark back into the real world. Mark jumped slightly and shook his head.

"Sorry, I zoned out," he apologized. He sighed again, and before Ethan could ask the question again, Mark answered truthfully. "I'm just panicking about this last show. It's the last show of this tour and I- I just don't want to fuck it up," he vented, looking down. "If I fuck this one up would the fans forgive me for that? I'm just messing it up and nothing's going according to plan and I can't just restart the show to fix it." He was about to continue until he felt Ethan hug him.  He froze for a moment before hugging back.

"It's all gonna be fine, Mark," Ethan whispered before pulling away, keeping his hands on Mark's shoulders. "You're not gonna mess it up. There's no planning for this; we've done this shit so many times we can't screw it up," he chuckled softly.

Mark managed to chuckle and smiled, looking up at him. "You manage to make everything better," he said quietly, feeling his face warm up. This felt like a great time to admit things, right? "Like- whenever I'm down like this you fix it up. I-I just-" he paused for a moment to think. "I can't help it," he whispered vaguely. "I can't help fe-" He was cute off as Ethan  pressed a finger to Mark's lips, stopping him.

"You don't have to say it, Mark," he whispered. "I already know, it's obvious. But I can't help this," he muttered, gently cupping Mark's cheek before leaning in and gently kissing him.

Mark let out a soft sigh of relief before kissing him back, looping his arm's around Ethan's neck. He felt Ethan' hands grasp his shirt a bit and pull him closer. He didn't resist and he shifted a little closer. After a few more seconds they pulled apart, quietly panting. Mark smiled at Ethan, his eyes basically glowing with happiness and love.

"You know, this could be a fun surprise to end the tour with," Ethan suggested quietly, chuckling lightly.

Mark snorted and rolled his eyes. "Maybe at the end of this show, ok?" He gave in, chuckling a bit.

Ethan smiled at Mark and giggled quietly. "Could we kiss again?" He asked, eyes hopeful.

"Of course, blue boy," Mark whispered, smiling before leaning forward and kissing him again.