fixer-upper

wc: 1177

no tw but this took me way too long to write, didnt proofreed, uploading this at like 3:30 a.m. im so tired just take it

~line~

"Mark, what the fuck is with the attic door?" Ethan yelled from upstairs. He was in the new walk-in closet from the house they just bought recently and were now moving in.

"I told you, the latch is broken!" Mark yelled back from downstairs.

Ethan sighed and put two boxes down. "I need to shove these boxes up there!"

"Oh, shove 'em somewhere else!" Mark responded.

Ethan rolled his eyes. "I'll shove 'em up your ass," he mumbled mockingly. He pushed the boxes into the corner before going back downstairs. "Mark, is there any way to fix the lock?" He asked, walking into the office where Mark was.

Mark put down a small box and turned to his fiancé. "I'll try and fix it later, ok? Can you help me real quick? I gotta get this shelf up," he said as he picked a shelf up from the floor and holding it out.

"Yeah, sure," Ethan replied, grabbing the shelf. They both knew Ethan couldn't be trusted with nailing it into the wall, so instead he would hold it in place.

Ethan lined up the shelf and held it in place the best he could while Mark started nailing it in.

"Hold still," Mark muttered.

"I am holding still!" Ethan protested. "Just pound the nail into the wall!"

"I'll pound you against a wall," Mark mocked, glaring at Ethan next to him.

Ethan sighed and returned the glare. "I'm holding this shelf as still as I can possibly hold it," he changed the topic.

"Which apparently isn't still enough, but whatever. Here, lemme get by." Mark stepped around Ethan to the other side to nail that part in.

"Is it good yet?" Ethan asked.

"You are so impatient!"

"My arms are tired!"

"My arms don't get tired that easily and I have to-"

"Do not go there again!" Ethan interrupted, sending another glare at Mark.

Mark just smirked and shrugged a bit. "Fine, fine. I've almost got it, though."

"When we're done can we try and fix the latch to get up to the attic?"

"Why do you need to be up there right now?"

"To store shit we don't need?" Ethan suggested.

"We have plently of other shit to do!" Mark countered.

"But the closet is empty right now so it'll be easier," Ethan pointed out.

"My God you are so impatient," Mark sighed, brushing past Ethan to go back to the box he had put down.

"Well what else should I do now?" Ethan asked.

"I don't know, bring in the boxes for the kitchen?"

"I already did that."

"Boxes for the bedroom?"

"Got it all except the big stuff."

"... boxes for the bathrooms?"

"I thought you brought those in?"

"Did I?"

"Oh my god," Ethan laughed, turning and leaning against the wall. He had his forearms pressed against the wall and was leaning forward. He felt two arms wrap around his middle from behind and a chin on his shoulder.