finding answers

wc: 1023

decided to make this three parts instead. third part will include amy coming home + mark and ethan telling her about their tattoos and maybe another special surprise. also the tattoos i described were completely randomly made up by me i couldnt actually find one that look how i described+liked them.

~line~

Mark gasped and stumbled, holding himself against the wall. What the hell was Amy doing to the tattoo? He looked up at Ethan, panicking.

"Mark what's going on?" Ethan asked, standing in front of Mark. Ethan was trying to hold him up.

"I've got the same question," Mark spoke, letting out his breath. He looked over at the couch before looking at Ethan. He jerked his head to the side and Ethan got the idea, helping him over to the couch. Mark practically fell onto the couch, rolling onto his back.

"The- Amy's tattoo is really light on you, Mark," Ethan pointed out, crouching down beside the couch. 

Mark nodded, propping himself up on his elbows to try and see the tattoo. He fell back when he felt more pain, grunting in pain. "Where- where's my phone?" He asked. 

Ethan looked around before hopping up and going to the computer desk. He returned and gave Mark his phone. Mark grabbed it and opened it, going over to Amy's contact. He called her and just put her on speaker. After a few rings, she answered.

"Hey, what's up?"

"Amy, what are you doing to the tattoo?" 

"Hm? Oh, nothing." 

Mark narrowed his eyes. He heard slight buzzing in the background of the call. "Did you forget I can feel what you're doing to it?" he asked.

Amy was quiet. "I'm sorry Mark." The phone beeped. 

"Did she just-"

"She hung up on me." Mark put his phone down and shook his head. He felt as the pain slowly stopped. "At least she stopped doing... whatever she was doing." He huffed softly and sat up, breathing heavily now.

Ethan sat next to him. "What was she doing?"

"Probably trying laser removal. Why would she try when we just talked about-" He stopped, realizing what he was saying.

Ethan didn't say anything.

Mark cleared his throat and stood up. "Uhm, let's get a video recorded, hm?"

~timeskip & pov change~ 

"Hey, uh, what was that about earlier?" Ethan asked, putting down his sandwich.

"Hm?" Mark asked, mouthful of food.

"When you were talking about how you and Amy talked about something?" Ethan pushed. "That is if you're fine talking about it," he quickly added.

Mark put his sandwich down. They had ordered their lunch and were eating now, but Ethan decided to bring this back up.

"Do you really wanna know?" Mark asked.

"If it's fine with you." 

"Our tattoos are fading," Mark explained. "The red of mine on her looks pink. Her's looks grey on me." He looked up at Ethan.

Ethan was at a loss for words. "Oh."

Mark scoffed lightly. "Don't really know what to do. Hopefully the feeling goes away. It goes away when you get new tattoos right?" 

Ethan nodded. He wished he could look at the new tattoo on his leg. He looked down and sighed softly.

"What's wrong?"

"Hm?" Ethan looked up at Mark. "Oh, uh... nothing." He looked away, trying to play it off.

"No, something's wrong. Did I say too much?"

"No, you're fine. Really, it's... it's okay."

"Ethan, come on, please?"

Ethan looked back at Mark. "I got a new tattoo."

"Oh." Mark sounded disappointed. "Do you know who's?"

"I think so. I'm not entirely sure yet," Ethan lied. He knew that tattoo was Mark's. He had seen it so many times. A beautiful wing tattoo with the bottom tip of the wing dipped in red, dripping down off of it. He tried not to smile thinking about it.

Mark simply nodded. Ethan noticed him open his mouth and close it, saying nothing. 

"Hey, should we get back to recording? I think I had an idea," Ethan suggested.

Mark nodded and smiled, standing up. As he stood, he knocked the table with his hip lightly. Ethan felt his leg twitch at the same time and tried not to say anything.

~ts & pov switch~

"Wait we should do one of those stupid 'where is your soulmate' quizzes."

"Why-?"

"Why not?" Mark interrupted Ethan, smiling.

Ethan rolled his eyes and smiled. "Fine, go find one then," he laughed.

Mark smiled at Ethan before turning to the computer and searching it up. He leaned against his desk, glancing over at Ethan and seeing him shift.

"You good?" He asked.

Ethan looked at him, surprised. "Yeah, why?"

Mark shrugged. "No reason," he mumbled, looking back at the screen. He got an idea and smiled lightly. He subtly moved his hand before poking his tattoo through his pants. Out of the corner of his eyes he noticed Ethan shift, meaning he moved his leg. Mark looked back at the computer, smiling to himself. He brought up a quiz and opened another one so they could both take the quiz. "Alright, let's start this quiz!"

The two took their quizzes, laughing and talking about the stupid things in it. For a minute they could forget about the tattoos. Until Ethan somehow hit his leg against the desk on the tattoo, making Mark feel it as well. He flinched and moved backwards, saying "ow" at the same time as Ethan. They looked at each other, shocked. Mark wasn't as shocked, he just didn't expect to feel the pain on his waist; he was used to feeling it in his ribs.

"Wait you-" Ethan started.

"You have-" Mark spoke simultaneously.

"Does that mean-"

"You love me?" They said at the same time. They both kept trying to talk until Ethan stopped and let Mark talk.

"Yeah, I uh... I noticed mine this morning in the shower," Mark started. "It's, uh. Hold on." Mark pulled the band of his pants down, showing Ethan's tattoo to him.

Ethan's tattoo was a black and white skull wearing a flower crown. The flowers in the crown were Himalayan blue poppies.

Ethan smiled at the tattoo on Mark's hip. "I saw mine before I came over here. My leg got itchy and I pulled the pant leg up and there it was." He rolled up his pant leg to show the tattoo.

They smiled at each other before deciding to continue the video. They could edit this part out later.