finally found

wc: 807

short and sweet because i was working on my 5k+ word fic,,, yeah that was  f u n

also! soulmate au where you can hear each others thoughts idea goes to CounterFitCam for the request :)

no tw just fluff :)

~line~

"God I fucking hate this game."

Ethan blinked for a moment at that. "Uhm, okay? I guess you're not having fun then, soulmate," he chuckled before moving on, walking downstairs to his recording room.

Everyone was used to their random soulmate thoughts. Everyone got them. Randomly throughout the day, you could hear something your soulmate was thinking. Nobody understood the system of how it worked, but it just did. People who had found their soulmates were almost always happy. Of course, there are those few that hate their soulmates, but there's flaws to everything, right? Nobody questioned the system and people lived their lives hearing random thoughts.

"I'm gonna fucking kill you- what are you doing?"

Ethan sat down and chuckled. "You're really not happy today, huh?" He spoke aloud to himself.

He was used to these kinds of thoughts. Because of them, he figured his soulmate was a gamer that probably had slight anger issues because of video games. Ethan wasn't surprised- if anything he was glad his soulmate had a shared interest with him.

Ethan opened his discord, putting his headphones on and opened his chat with Mark. He noticed Mark was playing Fall Guys. Ethan chuckled before sending a message.

eef: you ready to play yet man?

A few moments went by until Mark messaged back.

mark: yeah hold on i'm ending this stream now

eef: alright just tell me when you're good

"God I'm glad I can stop playing that now."

Ethan was surprised at the timing of that thought. Wasn't Mark just ending his game? Probably just a coincidence, curious nonetheless.

Ethan opened up his many things for recording, turning his camera on and recording a quick intro before Mark called him over discord.

"Hey man, what's up?" Mark asked.

"Not much, just ready to play, y'know?" Ethan replied.

A brief pause happened before Mark spoke again, clearing his throat. "Uhm, yeah, hold on."

"Mark?"

There wasn't a response.

"No, it can't be him, that has to be a coincidence."

Ethan stopped for a moment. These coincidences are really adding up- how hadn't he noticed these before?

"Hey, uh, quick question?" Mark spoke again.

"Yeah?"

"Did you just... actually wait can you come over? We can record this later." Mark sounded confused, sort of frantic.

"Yeah, sure, I'll be over in like twenty minutes."

"Twenty minutes? That's too long."

Ethan paused for a moment. "Maybe less."

"Alright, cool, see you then." Mark hung up the call.

Ethan quickly shut his camera off along with many other programs on his computer. He got up and hurried out of the room to get changed. It took him maybe two minutes to be ready before he practically ran outside to his car.

"E-"

"What?" Ethan mumbled. E? Why did the thought cut off? Was it something personal? He huffed impatiently, remembering that sometimes thoughts were cut off if they were something too personal. He shook his head before starting the car and pulling away to get to Mark's house.

In Mark's house, he was sitting downstairs, absentmindedly petting Chica. He was zoned out, wondering if Ethan was his soulmate, and if so, how had he not noticed earlier? Sure, there were random coincidences, but Ethan can really be unpredictable.

"I can't fucking believe this shit..."

Mark chuckled softly and shook his head. "Me either," he sighed, standing up. He paced around the room for a moment until he heard a car stop outside and the door open and shut. "Fuck, he's here," Mark mumbled, starting to panic. He started towards his front door as he heard the knock. He stopped in front of the door, hand on the handle. He took a deep breath before opening the door. "Hey."

"Hey," Ethan spoke, smiling.

"So uhm, I think you know why I asked you here," Mark started, rubbing the back of his neck. He stepped aside to let Ethan in.

"I mean, I guess?"

"I hope I know..."

Mark smiled and got an idea. "You hope you know?"

Ethan turned, eyes wide. "Wait, are you serious?"

Mark nodded and smiled, thinking to himself. He hoped Ethan would hear one of them. After a moment, Ethan smiled.

"So I guess we really are soulmates, huh?" Ethan asked.

"Yeah I guess so," Mark chuckled, smiling. He didn't know exactly what to do, so he stepped forward and pulled Ethan into a hug.

Somehow, everything just felt right. Like this is where he belonged. Mark closed his eyes, holding Ethan close to him. They stayed there for a moment, silent, yet saying everything they couldn't. Mark slowly pulled away, hands now gently holding Ethan's face.

"I never thought I would be able to find my soulmate," he spoke quietly. "But damn, am I so happy I did." He smiled before leaning forward, pulling Ethan into a short, sweet kiss.