chapter twenty two

twenty two
"good night"

—

   "I CAN'T BELIEVE BUCK ACTUALLY convinced you out of the apartment."

   Lynn rolled her eyes as she let a scoff, and she folded her arms over her chest. She was currently wearing a shortsleeved, dark navy blue dress that wrapped tightly around her hips and dips. It ended roughly a few inches above the knee, and had a deeper v-neck than anticipated but still looked stunning.

   Lizzy rose a teasing eyebrow towards her sister as she popped open the door to the bar everyone was meeting at shortly. The two woman started searching the area, which was bubbling with people due to it being a busy weekend. Lynn's eyes landed on Buck sitting at a high rise wooden table, and it looked like everyone was already with him; Bobby, Hen, and Chimney.

The boy was wearing a blue long-sleeve button up that had white dots splattered among it. Paired with it, were dark blue jeans and his infamous perfectly white sneakers. He looked good, as per usual, and Lynn's stomach seemed to flutter with butterflies.

"God, why can't one of you just make a move by now?" Lizzy rolled her eyes, letting out a soft chuckle as she wrapped her fingers around Lynn's hand, dragging her to the table where her friends were sitting. "Hey!"

Everyone removed their eyes from either looking at a food menu or the drunk couple singing a karaoke song on the stage, and glanced up to see the two Kennedy sisters.

"Hey, guys!" Chimney spoke up excitedly, getting up from his seat to drop both of his strong arms over Lynn and Lizzy's shoulders. They both let out amused laughs, turning towards Buck and Bobby.

"Is he drunk already?" Lynn giggled, gently placing her palm on Chimney's back to give a pat.

"Yep," Buck replied with a goofy smile, and he signaled towards the empty bar stool that was next to him. "Now it's your turn! First rounds on me."

Lynn shook her head laughing while taking the available seat, where her exposed skin brushed up against Buck's soft jeans. Even though she wasn't even touching Buck's skin herself, just the contact of the two seemed to have an entire zoo explode in her stomach.

"Fine, only because you're paying," Lynn teased, shoving her index finger into Buck's chest playfully.

Buck raised his hand, signaling the waitress that had already first helped them earlier, and she came beckoning to the table of firefighters, plus actress. Buck ordered the next round of vodka shots, and Lynn could already feel herself regretting saying yes to the alcohol. She rarely ever drank after college, waking up to a pounding headache and barely being able to remember the events of the previous night just wasn't something she enjoys.