•Epilogue

We were hanging out all together outside. Linus was braiding Theo's hair, his face scrunched up in concentration as he messed up and Theo was looking to be having the tifme of his life as this happened.

I spotted Harkin and Idris, the boy was smiling up at Harkin who had his brows furrowed like he didn't understand why Idris was there, holding onto his shirt. The boy was 10 now and Idris only 7 and ever since they met, Idris never missed the opportunity to be seen by the boy, actually to bother him.

Knox was grinning, the 6 year old was with Elias, Alexander's kid one of the triplets, they were laughing happily and I was happy to see it. "Looking at them all, you can kinds see whose gonna be whose best friend."

"Don't do that." I pouted at Raphael.

"Why not? I mean, it's not like I'm saying mates, I'm talking friend ship, the root of any and all good relationships." I pouted and he sighed pulling me into him.

"Still, if you do that, your going to push some expectation onto them and you won't even realise it, it's like assuming a kids sexuality, they feel that kind of thing." I paused and blinked, cringed.

"You're right, I'm not going to think about it."

I shook my head and sighed. Everyone was laughing and talking and the children were playing and bonding. It was good. Maeve held attention, grinning as she made all the kids gather around her and she struck a pose. I laughed at the sight. "Our kids are going to dominate."

"It's your fault."

"This is true, I accept responsibility." I looked back at Knox who was staring at the treeline. He stood from his place beside Elias while the little boy was in the middle of talking.

"Weren't you told it's rude to walk away when someone's talking."

"Daddy!" Knox yelled and I stood without pause. Raphael was beside him in a flash and I crouched staring at my son who was frowning.

"What is it baby?" Everyone had stopped talking to watch and listen. "What are you looking at?" I looked at the spot and there was nothing.

"He's gone." Knox frowned, his eyes watering. "Grandpa gone." He sobbed and fell into my arms and I gapped.

"What?" I looked back at Raphael then. Knox sniffed and pulled out of my neck.

"Let's go." He whimpered and took my hand. I couldn't do anything but numbly follow behind him as he lead us through the treeline. Everyone was silent and followed swiftly. The route became obvious and I held my breathe.

We emerged into a clearing with only one headstone. Beside the headstone a snow white wolf lay silently, it did not lift its head nor did it move and I froze. There were gasps that fell to my deaf ears. My eyes burned and only as Raphael gathered me in his arms did I realise I was crying.

Sure my papa was a come and go kind of parent however it made sense. He was heartbroken and it was the one way he had found to deal without leaving us completely. It did make me feel another type of way because I didn't really ever get to talk to him, brag about my mate, share my thoughts and views, hear about my dad from his lips. I loved him irrespective.