•Travis 14.

With only three weeks till my birthday, I had not been surprised at the melo feeling in my heart. He continued to send me flowers, he had them delivered this time and they were red roses. As the first week ended the less bouquets I recieved. Where before I got one each day, it began to be three times in the second week then twice in the last week.

At first I had waited, staring at the cluster of trees and wondering if he'd come despite our falling out, I don't know why I did that to myself. I don't understand why I thought he'd still try to convince me to take the chance. After all, everyone had their breaking points.

I knew he came from the lingering scent of copper and roses in the air. It brought me a sinking sensation where I felt peace but dread all at once. Two hearts were breaking for the sake of one. One who had yet to even be known.

I threw myself into training with my sister and the life of the pack. Looking after the pups when the adults wanted to have date night, helping the young ones with homework, cleaning and pulling my weight around the place. I helped Claude and Ace with running things beside Winston as Theodore worked on the Supreme council more and more.

I studied just to keep myself from thinking of him. It wasn't easy for at every turn I realised I was doing things that I could have been doing with him as well.

We had a few rogues linger onto our land, it hadn't been serious as they had meant no harm, we offered them food and shelter and sent them on their way as they had no desire to join a pack. They weren't vicious, rogues simply because they escaped their cruel pack.

Everything was normal, peaceful and yet my heart unsettled, however I needed to get over it. Trent was supportive, showering me with his presence, he was a man of action and very few words, he knew me better than I knew myself sometimes which is why he knew that I hated being alone, especially when I was hurting. He'd do everything with me even though I could tell he'd rather be doing other things.

Danielle had offered us a visit. The girl broke my heart really, wearing furs and holding a long golden stick, it was ominous. She didn't stay long, however she brought us all the closure we needed. She was alright and that's all we needed to know.

Our birthday day came around sooner because of all the love and support I recieved. Time flew with only one purpose. To prove to me how much of an idiot I was and how I didn't know what true heart break was.

My siblings and I were born during the descent of the day, as Theodore liked to describe it and so when that hour shot down, the festivities around the pack house as our pack members celebrated with us, we had combined birthdays with others born on the same day since it makes sense even if they were born in different years.

The people danced and howled and laughed and ate. There were a set of eight cakes, one indicated my siblings and I with our names on the red velvet cake and our age. The others had various members and their ages today.

I roamed the hall from my Alpha's office when I caught it. The scent lit up my senses and gave me pause, I whimpered as I recognised it almost immediately and turned. My eyes brightened at the prospect of my mate having been here. While a couple made out randomly in the hall, I walked past them, aiming to see them, claim them and love them with all that I was.

A dull ache and a ringing in my ear had me howling out as I found the source I knew so well. I knelt in the door way of my room, tears burned my eyes and panting from the intensity of my existing heart ache.