Code Red

A/N: I apologize in advance... This is the chapter where all of your theories shall be answered. And I should probably mention that the character's thoughts are in italics!

⚠️trigger warning: death...⚠️
...

Hogwarts Express rolled to a stop at King's Cross, which signified the start of Spring Break for witches and wizards alike that attended Hogwarts. Grabbing their trunks, the octet rushed out of the train, some more eager than others to get home.

"I've never been a huge fan of PDA, but would you mind if I kissed you?" Mary smirked at Remus.

"Not at all," he responded and after a short kiss, as they weren't monsters, he bid her goodbye.

Mary interrupted a kiss between Marlene and Sirius as she spotted Julia running up to Marcus and Myles.

"I'm heading over to your brothers," Mary said, giving the couple thirty seconds more to speak to each other.

"I thought you were going to refrain from kissing me in front of my brothers," Marlene raised an eyebrow at Sirius.

"Well, life is short and I'm not going to refrain from doing the things I love."

Marlene levitated her trunk in front of her and found her way towards her brothers, leaving Sirius, Lily, and James.

"It's a shame your mum wouldn't allow you to come to mine for break. Next time unpack your boxes!" James said in a fake stern voice.

"My bad, my bad. Hopefully, I won't ever have to move everything ever again," Lily responded before hugging James goodbye.

The group had said their well wishes and split off in separate ways for their holiday break, or maybe more?

...

Lily had got stuck taking out the trash yet again, which was not surprising as it may seem, since her sister was out living with her dementor of a husband and Henry and her mother were out and about yet again. So, Lily was stuck at the house doing the chores her mother had told Minnie she had to complete.

On the way back up to the house, which was more of a manor than a house, she spotted a crumpled piece of paper on the lawn. This was an unusual occurence because Henry did not let anything on the front lawn except the lawnmower.

Curious, she bent down and picked up the piece of paper, smoothed it out, and immediately read four numbers in a row.

8641

She could've stopped here, which she would have if she were a seer that could see what would happen in a matter of mere hours, but she was not a seer and she was simply bored.

What has a four-digit code? The only locked room in the house, which had been irking her ever since she found out it was locked.

She ran into the house, after which she slammed the front door shut as if she wanted to announce her presence, and then contradicted that action by sneaking around quietly to the locked room.

Reaching the code, she double-checked the paper she held in her hand, which still read 8641, and keyed in the corresponding numbers. The door opened, coming as no surprise to her while the contents of the room did.

Lily reckoned that Henry had probably locked the room on purpose, maybe he had a safe in there, but no, what she found was most certainly not a safe. Cauldrons. Why the fuck would Henry need cauldrons?

Turning over the cauldrons, she found the initials H.E.S. which she supposed could stand for Henry E Smith, but she had no idea what his middle name was. The cauldrons were heavy duty and nice quality, so it appeared that the owner was of good money status, just like Henry happened to be.