Honorary Members

September 3, 1977
12:30 p.m.
Dumbledore's Office

Lily had convinced Remus and Mary that they could venture up to Dumbledore's office again and try to coerce some answers out of him. What they stumbled upon was much larger than that.

They were not seeing the office that they knew to be Dumbledore's, but a much larger version with many other people that they had not expected to see.

At the head of the table was Dumbledore sitting next to Euphemia and Fleamont who's heads both snapped up in their direction without their usual smile. Next to them was the entire McKinnon clan, who also weren't smiling. Alice's parents, Uriah and Ryley, had a grim look on their face as well.

"This, for everyone who doesn't already know, is Lily Evans, also the head girl," Dumbledore stood up to introduce her.

"Lily darling!" Euphemia and Eve both rushed forward to hug their "daughter."

"This is Remus Lupin and Mary Macdonald, please come and sit," the three students were confused, but obliged to the headmaster's request.

"We've heard many stories of you from the headmaster and professors," someone said who was sitting directly beside McGonagall.

"That is Kingsley Shacklebolt, the Auror prodigy of Alastor Moody," Dumbledore said at their confused looks.

"Nice to meet you, Mr. Shacklebolt," Lily shook his hand while Eve and Euphemia brought three chairs up to the table for them.

"So, we were going to introduce this to you at the end of the year, but since people are in danger and you three are some of the top duelers in your year, you get to hear about it now." Moody said in a gruff voice.

"Meet the Order of the Phoenix."

...

September 3, 1977
3:46 p.m.
Lestrange Manor

"Sirius?" Marlene asked with a croaky voice.

"Yes, love?" He responded, eyes remaining closed as he did not want to see what damage the stunning hex she had sent Bellatrix's way had caused.

"What's the date?"

It was a simple question, yet the answer was particularly tricky to pinpoint. They had been in the cellar for quite some time, he knew that, but there were zero windows, so you could not possibly try to tell what day it was.

Before he could answer he saw a shadow move around the room and walk directly up to him.

"The name's Rebecca Cortell," she said as she knelt down next to him.

"What are you doing?" He asked with his eyes widened.

"Releasing you from this godawful chains. They must be from the 19th century because the lock is-"

"How do you know so much about locks?" Sirius interrupted her.

"I'm a half-blood and my dad's a welder. He welds metals and his specialty are locks. If you pay attention to what people say, you'll learn a thing or two once in awhile." She said getting his first hand free.

"How old are you, Rebecca?" Sirius asked.

"Turning thirteen in November. I don't suppose you know a way out of this dump, do you?" She said furrowing her brow in concentration.