Alice the Innocent

The cold wind bit at Lily's exposed cheeks as she exited Henry's house with the widest grin you could see for miles. She wasn't just leaving Henry's house, she was leaving to go to the Potter's, which was easily one of her favorite places on Earth.

Tugging her scarf around her neck to make sure it was secure, she turned in her place while holding her trunk and apparated to Potter Manor.

The vast gardens were covered in fresh snow that had glazed over the countryside, making it look like a scene straight out of a snow globe. Lily wasn't fazed by the massive size that Potter Manor was, but she still pondered how it held such a great amount of character for a house so big.

After sticking her wand into the lock, which was magically programmed to recognize certain wands, she proceeded to ring the doorbell. Shouts, laughter, and stumbling steps followed this before the door even opened, leaving Lily to shiver a few moments longer than she wanted to.

"Lily! You sure look cold!" Annie remarked after answering the door.

"Thanks for the input, genius. Now, get out of the way, so she can come in," Euphemia spoke exasperatedly from behind her niece.

Her apron was in pristine condition, minus the wrinkles, which quite matched the high, tight bun she had pulled her hair into.

"Euphemia! It's so nice to see you!" Lily greeted her as she was wrapped up in a motherly, warm hug.

"I'm so glad to see you too, dear."

"Hello! Where's my hug?" Annie tapped her foot in an impatient manner.

Lily rolled her eyes, but picked Annie up and spun her around in a circle, making the younger girl giggle with delight. James watched glad that he had found a girl that enjoyed his family's company as much as he had. Marlene, however, stormed past James and ignored the fact she was already hugging someone else.

"Lily! Marie! Evans!" Marlene practically shouted into Lily's ear, which made her promptly drop Annie and turn to her best friend.

"That isn't my middle name, but okay I guess," Lily laughed into her shoulder.

"I've missed you so much! Only having these idiots for company really takes a toll on your brain!" Marlene said jokingly pointing at Sirius and James, who both rolled their eyes.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever, come give me a hug, Red!" Sirius spoke opening up his arms for a hug, which she so gladly melted into.

Physical touch was something that Sirius had been starved of ever so as he was a small child. The first time James gave him a hug, he froze. Yet, after that Sirius had learned to love hugs and often asked for them.

"How was the family?" Sirius asked with concern.

"Annoying like usual. Nothing I couldn't handle, though."

...

Lily's fuzzy red soaks cushioned her steps as she listened to Marlene and Mary talk nonstop about their adventures in London. The two had gone the day before, therefore leaving no time to write about it.

The three girls entered the kitchen and were greeted by three mugs of steaming hot chocolate. Lily smiled as she remembered talking about the muggle drink the holiday break the year before.