Not All Memories Fade

**the memories are in italics
**the song lyrics are in italics and bold

One of the upsides to patrols for Lily and James was it gave them practically uninterrupted alone time, which was hard to find in their busy days.

So, as they walked down the drafty corridors hand in hand, they reminisced about times gone by.

"What about the first time we pranked you?" James asked with a small grin.

"I could never forget," she said in response, almost tripping over her shoe.

October 11, 1971
first-year

Left to their own devices because Remus had gone to the hospital wing for a headache, Sirius and James roamed the corridors looking for something to fuck up.

The two of them decided to visit the herbology greenhouse to talk to Professor Sprout, who had greatly favored them over other students. No one knows why, it just happened.

Entering the greenhouse with the cheekiest smiles on their faces, which slipped past Pomona, was a natural reaction of the idea of causing mischief.

White petals with a bright green stem and yellow center, the Easter lilies caught the two boys attention.

"Professor Sprout?" Sirius asked with the most innocent eyes he could muster.

"Yes?" She walked away from the tea leaves she had been trimming towards the two boys.

"What are those?" James asked pointing at the lilies.

"Easter lilies. I had them imported because they're not in season and they're my favorite flower," she responded looking admiringly at the flowers.

She had had five entire bouquets imported, which was quite expensive, but it was worth the money. The lilies seemed to brighten the room just like the sun in the sky and their smell had already infested the room.

"Can we have a bouquet for our dorm?" James asked trying to suppress his smile.

Pomona Sprout hesitated for a moment since the boys were growing a reputation of their love of causing mischeif, but she chose to overlook that for once. Giving them the benefit of a doubt, she handed them a bouquet of flowers and watched as they skipped up to the school doors.

"Those boys..." She said shaking her head.

Sirius and James rushed up into the Great Hall with the lilies and everybody in the entire castle was there since it was a Saturday during lunchtime.

Lily was a little too nosy for her own good in her younger years. So, when they sat down giggling, she had to know why.

"What's so funny?" She asked like she had the power of an authoritarian figure.

James and Sirius shared a look.

"Well, see for yourself," James said handing her the bouquet of lilies.

"I don't see why-"

Stop! In the name of love
Before you break my heart

The popular song Stop in the Name of Love by Diana Ross and the Supremes started blaring out of the lilies, except it was James and Sirius's voices screeching a duet.

Baby, baby
I'm aware of the time you go
Each time you leave my door

"Turn it off! Turn it off!" Lily said throwing the bouquet back at the two boys, so she could cover her ears.