sixty four - KOTLC

Fitz POV:

"OH MY SPARKLES." Dex stared at the ocean, which at the moment was flashing purple. Wait. Purple?

"What is it?" Linh asked.

"Purple! That means . . . Oh, no! Gather an army! This isn't good?"

Jensi stared at Dex as if he had gone crazy. Which Fitz personally thought he was. The forcefield flashed purple. So? It had already flashed bright yellow and red.

"Purple means forcefield breached!" Dex cried, running towards the hut, while yelling over his shoulder at his slowpoke friends. 

"How do you know?" Linh asked, jogging behind him.

"I . . . okay, I hacked the blueprints for the place, okay? I know, trust me."

"I do," Linh said, catching up to him as Jensi and Fitz followed closely behind.

"And now, we don't have much time. You have to breach the forcefield at a specific spot on the forcefield. Only a talented Technopath can do it, and we know theirs is amazing."

"Whose?" Jensi asked.

"The Neverseen's,"

"Oh, no," Fitz gasped.

"See?" Dex rolled his eyes, like it was Fitz's fault they were only halfway at the hut.

"I'll get the Leaf and SilkWings," Linh announced. "I'm going, naturally. It's in the ocean."

"I'm going too," Fitz said. "I have some weapons in my boot and cape, still. Do you, Linh?"

"Can I go too?" Jensi asked.

"I'm not," Dex said. "I'm going to try to stop the breach from here."

"Can I go?" Jensi asked again.

"I'll tell the dragons in the hut. The rulers are probably being ambushed or something." Fitz told Linh as she sped off.

"Don't worry, Jensi," Dex told the pouting boy when Fitz pushed the door open on his fourth try. "I always get ignored. You can stay here with me. We need to—"

"BUMBLEBEE!" Cricket cried, nearly trampling the elves. "Ooh, sorry! Have you seen Bumblebee? She learned to fly a bit lately, so she could be anywhere now."

"No, sorry. The forcefield for the Peace Summit was breached." Dex said.

Cricket's eyes widened. "By Wasp?" 

"Oh, maybe. Also by the Neverseen, though, definitely." Fitz said.

"Oh, no!" Cricket cried.

"That's all we're saying these days," Jensi said dryly.

"Can I come help?" Cricket asked when they entered the hut. "Maybe Bumblebee is there?"

"I doubt it, but sure," Fitz said. 

"What happened?" Moon asked when Cricket left to see if Bumblebee was playing at the beach.

"The forcefield to the Peace Summit was breached by the Neverseen and maybe Wasp." Dex said again.

"What?" Moon asked.

"I said, the forcefield—"

"I know what you said," Moon fretted. "I was saying it like, 'Oh no, seriously?'"

"Told you. Everyone's saying it," Jensi told them.

"QIBLI! COME ON!" Moon shook a poor Qibli awake. "The forcefield for the Peace Summit's been breached." she said.