five - KOTLC

Keefe POV:

Keefe and Ro were playing a prank on Lord Cassius. What they wanted to do was break into Lord Cassius' office while he was inside and put a gulon on his desk. Well, first, they'd have to turn off the lights.

As Keefe and Ro brought the gulon into Lord Cassius' office, it became pitch black. Keefe, assuming it was Ro turning off the lights and, on cue, put the gulon on his father's desk and rushed out. It was still pitch black.

"Ro?" Keefe asked.

"Hi, Lord Hunkyhair," she said from behind him.

Keefe jumped. "Oh, there you are."

"Yeah, of course I'm here. Where else would I be?"

"... Uh..."

"Let's just go before he finds us." Ro said, taking off.

"Ro...? I still can't see."

"Oh. You elves and your poor, poor eyesight," she replied. "Want me to carry you?"

"Of course not!"

"Your loss." she faded into the darkness again.

Keefe attempted to follow her, but that was impossible.

Ro had disappeared, but he was pretty sure she was going to sneak up on him soon.

Then he stumbled into the place of his nightmares.

The room with his father's luminite statue.

Keefe froze for a moment, then decided to do the one thing his father would never ever forgive him for.

Then he set off to find Ro.

He found her right behind him.

He yelped, she snorted.

"Like your torch," she snickered.

"Yeah, me too." Keefe patted the right arm of his father's luminite statue, which was currently glowing in his hands.

"KEEFE. DID YOU PUT A GULON ON MY DESK?" came Lord Cassius's voice from thirty-eight floors above them.

Keefe and Ro look at each other.

"Run."