ten - Wings of Fire

Qibli POV:

Apparently, the small planet was going to crash into the ocean. But as small as it was, it was going to crash into some land too. Presumably, the side of the Kingdom of the Sea on Pyrrhia and the northwest peninsula of Pantala, near Vinegaroon Hive.

So, everyone from there should evacuate. Maybe the SeaWings could go to . . . the rainforest or the Sky Kingdom, and the dragons in the Hive will need to go to another. Maybe they can scatter, going to different hives so there was more space in each.

"That's a great idea!" Cricket said, still extremely excited by the prospect of the new dragons from the "Distant Kingdoms".

Qibli hadn't realized that he was speaking aloud. "Well . . . thanks."

So Turtle and Anemone returned to Pyrrhia to warn the Seawings ("All the way back AGAIN?" Turtle whined) and Cricket, Sundew, Blue, Luna and Swordtail went to the Hives to warn other dragons.

That left Qibli, Moon, Winter and Kinkajou brainstorming on ways to stop the malicious little scavengers.

"I don't think they're really evil," said Moon a while later. "Most magic scavengers are really nice. I saw one talking."

"What?" Winter asked incredulously. "I mean, wow, yay, but while I see POTENTIAL in the little things, it doesn't mean they can TALK. Don't they squeak all day long?"

"Maybe they're really talking," Kinkajou suggested. 

Winter frowned, like he hadn't thought of that before.

"Well, you said most. What about the rest?" Qibli asked.

Moon smiled, "I knew you would catch that." But she immediately frowned. "Well, there are these . . . they're still magic scavengers, but they're the evil ones, I think. They wear black cloth."

"So . . . is that the great evil in the prophecy?" Kinkajou asked. 

"Probably not. The prophecy was for the lost continent, remember?" Moon said. 

"Riiight," Kinkajou said slowly. "Oh! So should we like, capture all the black-cloth scavengers and toss them in the ocean?"

"Do WHAT?" Winter asked incredulously. 

"Hey, wait—" Qibli began, but was interrupted by a frantic Cricket flying towards them, crying, "Weird dragons! Hurry! We have to go NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!"

"Where?" Qibli asked as he flew faster to catch up with the HiveWing, who looked more excited than she was scared, which Qibli thought was the emotion most dragons that knew what was happening should be feeling right now. She looked like she was conducting an experiment no one had ever done before, and it was working. 

"Look! Look in the ocean! The planet is coming!"