sixty - KOTLC

Dex POV:

It was crowded on Sky.

He, Ivy, Rowan and Thyme all squeezed together, trying not to push one another off. Lovise hugged Sky's forearm, standing on his feet, while they flew to the tallest mountain in the Sky Kingdom. Jade Mountain.

Cranberry, as mayor, stayed in the human village, but some young humans wanted to see the other planet and came along. There were eight more humans that came along, and they were all squeezed as tightly as sardines in a can on Moon and Qibli. 

"I'm so excited!" Sky chirped, flying faster to the Academy. Dex was actually not happy to go to a place where dragonets roamed free and could squash you flat in five seconds. Neither did Lovise.

"I told Tsunami that we're coming," Moon yelled. "And that there'd be scavengers—oh, and an elf, sorry—but that they're NOT food."

"Thanks for telling them about the buffet!" Rowan yelled back.

"It'll be fine," Moon assured her.

Sky suddenly banked to the right to shoot into a small cave opening, and everyone nearly fell off. Ivy might have screamed. Inside, there was a huge cave, big even for the dragons. A SeaWing, who was apparently related to Turtle and Anemone from Jerboa's hut, was standing there with two black dragons like Moon. One also had tear-drop scales near her eyes, but the other had his eyes closed. It didn't seem out of place, so Dex didn't question it. 

"Hi, Tsunami, Starflight, Fatespeaker!" Moon cried as she swooped in, followed by Qibli. 

"I had a vision about you!" the black dragon who Dex assumed was Fatespeaker cried in delight. "You were—SCAVENGERS!" she shrieked in excitement.

Tsunami rolled her eyes. 

"Hi," Ivy said nervously, as if the reason Fatespeaker had cried out was because she had a new buffet.

"IT SPEAKS!" she looked about to faint.

"Speak?" the other NightWing cried in disbelief. Even Tsunami looked a little surprised.

"What's wrong?" asked a voice as a brown dragon followed by a coppery dragon entered the cave. 

"THERE ARE SCAVENGERS THAT CAN SPEAK HERE! ON THEIR BACKS!" Fatespeaker cried. Starflight was sitting down and muttering to himself, seemingly lost in thought, but Tsunami had recovered from her initial shock and rolled her eyes as if Fatespeaker was overreacting.

Which she was.

"Ooh, hi Moon! Hi Qibli! Hey, who are you?" the coppery dragon asked, eyes squinting as if she should know Sky already. 

"This is Sky," Moon introduced. "Sky, this is Clay and Peril."

"Hi," Clay said with a small wave, smiling. The humans and Dex and Lovise slid off the dragons' backs and let the dragons talk. After all, it was Moon who wanted to check in, and it concerned them in no absolute way. 

Dex sat on a nearby rock that required Lovise's help to get on, and tapped the screen again. It was supposed to show him the newest camera feed from Marella's crystal. Why was it all fabric? 

Oh. He hadn't told her there was a camera. he'd have to tell her when she called next time. Which, apparently, was now.

Dex tapped on the icon of Marella's face in the top left corner, and a holographic image of her at the moment appeared. "Dex," she whispered.

Marella was different, and it had only been a few days. She sported a black Neverseen cloak clad with the creepy eye. Her braided hair had been loosened, and now hung in short, wavy strands. Her once light and playful eyes were dulled and had a small sign of fear. Whatever was happening in that hideout was evidently not pretty.