three - Wings of Fire

Moon's POV:

Alright. Keep it together, Moon. FOCUS ON THE PRESENT.

"Moon! Are you alright?" Qibli asked.

Moon opened her eyes and rubbed her temples. She was on a calm beach in the outskirts Kingdom of the Sand. She and Qibli had only just met Luna, but the visions were rolling in. The new dragon . . . her visions told her she was a SilkWIng. And that triggered a whole new prophecy:

Turn your eyes, your wings, your fire

To the land across the sea

Where dragons are poisoned and dragons are dying 

And no one can ever be free.

A secret lurks inside their eggs.

A secret hides within their book. 

A secret buried far below 

May save those brave enough to look.

Open your hearts, your minds, your wings

To the dragons that who flee from the Hive.

Face a great evil with talons united

Or none of the tribes will survive. 

"Yeah. Just a lot of visions." she finally replied.

"That was creepy," said Kinkajou, who had come to join her and Qibli at Jerboa's hut along with Turtle, Anemone, and Winter. The IceWing prince was not happy to have been dragged to a HOT DESERT with ABSOLUTELY NO WATER and for NO GOOD REASON AT ALL, as he said. 

"Having a lot of visions is creepy?" Moon asked, confused.

"No, the thing you said before," the RainWing clarified, jumping around in the water and drenching absolutely everyone. Kinkajou giggled, "The ocean is so fun!" 

"You heard that?" Moon was on a question-asking loop today.

"Yeah, something like Turn your eyes, your wings, your fire to the land across the sea," Turtle said, then paused. "Land across the sea?"

"I was wondering about that, too. Foesl—Hope told me there was a legend before, where there's a lost continent on the other side of the world." She regretted not having a cantaloupe to show them. "And, well, I guess it's true. I've been having visions, more and more every day, and also . . . isn't Luna proof?"

Qibli nodded. "Right. But that doesn't explain why you've been muttering about planets. And crashes."

Oh. So she couldn't hide her newest batch of visions. Raised eyebrows from all her friends made her gulp. "It's—"

"Not nothing," Winter erupted, "becasue of that!" 

Five heads turned to look at the ocean. Moon frowned. Nothing seemed to look out of place. Unless you counted that moving patch of circular water.

Moving patch of circular water? 

"What is that?" Kinkajou yelped, flapping her wings to get out of the water like it was poisoned. Winter shrugged. "Ask the seer."

Five pairs of eyes turned once again back at her. Moon sighed. "I've gotten a new vision today," she admitted. "Along with the lost continent one."

"Well?" asked Anemone impatiently when she didn't continue for a second.

"Well . . ." she said slowly, because she was certain no one will believe her, "I saw scavengers."

"Scavengers?" Winter perked up.

"A planet of scavengers," she clarified. 

Stunned silence. Moon shifted nervously. 

"A planet full of scavengers?" Qibli finally said.

"Well. Maybe not entirely. I don't think so. But maybe," Moon blubbered, "I think that it's half-half. Like one half is scavengers and the rest is magic scavengers."

Winter guffawed, "Magic scavengers? They have animus magic now?"

"No!" Moon said defensively. "It's just, they're different! I saw some magic scavengers walk through walls and vanish and make fire and water and winds! I'm not kidding!" she protested when Winter didn't stop laughing.

"I believe you," said Turtle, and Qibli agreed not a second later. Kinkajou answered with a "MAGIC SCAVENGERS ARE A THING!" and even Anemone, who seemed to hate Moon at first, grudgingly said that it was possible

"That's not a thing!" Winter protested when they stared him down. "How could scavengers have magic?"

"I don't think they're scavengers," Moon said quietly. "The word 'elm' comes to mind."

"Isn't that a tree?" Kinkajou asked quizzically. "Because I'm not sure magic scavengers are also trees. That's a bit weird. Okay, maybe a LOT weird." She added after a moment.

"What's a magic scavenger?" a voice asked, and soon a beautiful dragon with pale, green scales with gold flecks appeared, shaking the sand out of her talons. Luna was by far the most beautiful dragon Moon had ever seen—prettier than any of the RainWings. 

"We were just talking," Qibli said cautiously. They didn't know whether or not they should tell the enthusiastic SilkWing about Moon's mind reading after her excitement after learning of Moon's visions. It might make her even more excited to go home. Which they couldn't guarantee.

"Oh. Okay. Cool." Luna looked into the sunset, despite the bright light. She seemed to be thinking of her home, which she often spoke about. She said it had these cities called "Hives," in which all the dragons lived in. Other than that, it was a savanna, except for a jungle called the "Poison Jungle" at the tip of the continent. But it used to be covered with trees.

Moon really hoped that someday soon, they would restore Luna to her home continent, and to her brother and family and friends that she spoke of so often. She deserved that much. The beautiful green dragon was really friendly, and brave. Going home would be wonderful for her.

Moon frowned at the small planet approaching them. Surely a crash with such a tiny thing wouldn't affect them so much. Surely the scavengers would get the most damage (not that Moon was a fan of that, either). Surely nothing would be ruined here.

Well, hopefully.