Chapter 28: "Ashter"

Author: So we have an important voting announcement that is going to be in the closing.

So stay tuned!

Asta's POV:
We were halfway to the city of Ashter, and Yuno and Leo were surprisingly bickering non-stop.

I had thought that was a thing only me and Yuno did, but hey, life is full of surprises.

"So do you really have only air in your head? You notice that you could have killed me!" Leo exclaimed.

Yuno rolled his eyes, "You know that if you died here then that just meant that you were weak. Simple as that. Plus that wasn't even my strongest spell and it left you winded on the ground."

"You sound very cocky Yuno. I'll have you know that for the record, I let you beat me, but not the next time. The next time i'll be leaving you on the ground, burned to ash!" Leo pledged.

"Yeah sure...keep believing that." Yuno said shaking his head in disbelief.

"Ok guys, we all can all admit that you both are strong mages, but we're not trying to kill each other, ok?" Mimosa jumped into the argument.

"Yeah, you both sound like idiots, we're practicing to get into the special class that we all want to be in in order to get stronger, we're not at war with each other." Noelle stated folding her arms.

"But isn't everyone acting as if this were a war where the last people standing are the ones who  will get chosen?" Mimosa asked curiously.

"Yes, the school grounds have been random battlefields non-stop this past week." Klaus clarified.

"I don't care if it seems like i'm at war with Yuno, I actually  wouldn't mind really." Leo stated with a small grin.

"Well since yall two are competing, then i'll join too!" I beamed.

"No! You idiot! That's not what we agreed on!" Noelle yelled to me.

"What do you mean?" I asked with a puzzled look.

Klaus slapped his face with one hand, Mimosa giggled nervously and Yuno groaned.

Noelle twitched eyebrow, "You really are an airhead. We agreed that there would be no wars in this little group we have!"

"You actually consider us your friend group?" I asked with tears welling up in my eyes.

Noelle flinched, "What?! No! I mean-!"

"Noelle would be so lonely without us." Mimosa teased with a small giggle.

Yuno's POV:
I took my attention off of Asta and the others when Leopold nudged my shoulder, or more like elbow.

"You know, we are at war for something, but it's definetly not who's stronger." Leo stated.

I looked at him for a brief moment before switching my gaze to Asta, Noelle, and Mimosa's bickering.

Mainly centering my gaze to Asta.

"I have you know that Asta will choose me I the end." Leopold stated with a small glare.

My eye twitched, Is he serious?

Before I could give a reply Klaus called us over, "Ok guys, let's just keep walking."

We all nodded then continued the walk.
--------------------
Sooner or later the city could be seen, by this time the sun was on the horizon.

"There it is!" Asta beamed, like no one else saw it.