Chapter 14

I took a quick bath before heading downstairs. I'm a bit late but I manage to get myself ready. It's 11:00 am in the morning and I had a bad headache, maybe because of my damn hang over.

"Kain na"

Bumungad sa akin si Aki na naka formal attire, nilapag niya yung dalawang plato sa mesa. She's gesturing me to sit down. I feel so embarrass of what I did last night, I remember all the things I've said to here

"Wala ka namang schedule ngayon except lang na makikipag meet ka sa board of directors para i-update sila sa nangyari sa pag-aasikaso ng party"

I stared at her, remembering what Dylan and I talked last night at the bar

FLASHBACK

"You like her?" I asked

"Of course! Who would not like her?"

"You're serious?"

"Why are you asking those kind of questions? I even kissed her bro!"

My eyes widened, a realization suddenly ran into my mind. That's it! the reason why Rendell drank that night was because of them

"What if I like her too?"

Dylan stared at me before putting down his cocktail glass

"You what?" he asked

"What if I like her? not as my employee but as a woman"

"You can have her"

I'm so shocked when he said that. It's just a 'what if'

"Seriously bro, I know you like her back at the resort you always gazed at her from time to time. I don't know when or how did that happen but, yeah you can have her"

I gazed at her? from time to time? I shook my head on disbelief! A guy like me, gazing at the woman who knows my bad side?

"I don't like her"

"You like her, idiot!"

"Why are you giving her to me that easy?"

He faced me his eyes were so serious

"Well, I do like her but if you really like her more than I like her I can set that free. Besides you are my friend, what matter's to me is your happiness not mine"

"But, you like her. Right?"

"Yeah. Funny right? I'm giving her to you even though I kissed her, ewan ko naguguluhan din ako. Maybe I just like her, but I can't see myself facing my future with her. Siguro affection lang to, no strings attached. Hindi rin naman kami bagay kung tutuusin, kasundo ko siya eh. Mas okay ata yung taong hindi niya kasundo, yung tipong mapapabago niya ang isip, ugali, at puso nito...parang...IKAW"

Nagulat ako sa sinabi niya, may tama na ako pero alam ko lahat ng sinabi niya, naiintindihan ko! Napalunok ako ng ilang beses bago ulit uminom ng rum na binigay ng bartender sakin. Nag iinit ang buong katawan ko, pinagpapawisan ako at mas lalong hindi ko maintindihan itong pagbilis ng tibok ng puso ko.

END OF FLASHBACK

I drive as fast as I can dahil late na kami ni Aki sa meeting. Ibinaba ko lang siya malapit sa isang café dahil ayaw niyang makita ako na nakikipag-usap sa board of directors.

"Good Afternoon Mr. Miller, they're waiting for you"

As I enter the conference room everyone shut their mouths