Chapter 1 | The ones that got away

*** HELLO! ***

This book is dedicated to my best friend, which, unfortunately, I lost.

Enjoy:*
************************************

I hear him calling my name.

"Cali!" My brother's call echoes through the dark forest again.

My legs push me forward, I gather the last drops of strenght and sprint through the woods. "Wait! I'm coming!" A loud cry is heard from my throat.

"Cali! Cali hurry up, come on!" His voice starts echoing through my head.

I keep on running. Just the tinniest hope that he came back for me and is now waiting, makes the adrenalin beating through my whole body.

I cannot feel my legs anymore, my whole body feels numb. Drops of sweat are sliding down my forehead and I can barely inhale anymore oxygen into my lungs. "Wait, please! I'm coming!".

"Cali, come with me. Come and I promise that it will never hurt again."

Please, take me with you.

"I want to go with you brother! Wait, please!" I jump over the last fallen tree and reach the lonely field beneth the silver moon that shines through the dark sky.

"Cali. . . Cali. . ." His voice starts fading. Soon I can hear only a distant murmur.

No, wait up please!

Next moment the sky starts breaking under the power of lightnings, loud thunders echo through the field. Then there is rain. Lots of rain. In a minute I'm completely soaked, the grass becomes slippery and the wind keeps on blowing my hair over my face, making it almost impossible to see anything.

But I keep on running, keep on eating the ground beneth my feet.

I was running through the forest, I am now running through the sacred field.

I hear him calling my name.

_______________________________________

"Carmilla!" My uncle's roar causes for my eyes to open in a second. Finally I wake up.

Jeez, not those damn dreams again. They feel like such punishment.

Slowly I push myself from beneath the covers and up on my feet, glancing at zhe clock to see what time is it. 5AM.

"Carmilla, fucking get down here, you don't want for me to come drag you down, trust me on that!" His merciless growl is heard from downstairs again, triggering the painful memories of his hands on my body.

After my parents died in a car accident, my brother Elyan was my legal guardian. He was 18 years old when he started taking care of me. I lived with him since I was 6, until life took him away from me too. I was just a 8 year-old kid when he died and I started suffering under my uncle's hands.

"I-I'm coming uncle!" My voice stutters in panic. There is no need to change my clothes as my room is freezing cold and I already wear a black sweather with grey sweat pants at the bottom.