Chapter 16 | Mistake

"I swear to God little girl one more look towards you and I would've smashed his skull" the words echo through my mind.

"You are mine."

I twist, trying to shut him out.

"My good little baby."

"No!" I scream, pushing myself up I finally open my eyes.
The morning sun's light blinds my vision, my heart racing because of this awful dreams I've just had.

Pheew. Just a dream. I slide my hand through my curls, throwing them over my shoulder and let myself fall backwards to lay down again. By letting out a breath I was holding I finally come close to calming down.

Wait- realization strikes through my mind.

Was it really just a dream?

My body jumps in the air, in a milisecond I'm already on my feet, storming inside the bathroom right in front of a mirror.

Terror strikes through me as my eyes take in a big violet mark on the right side of my neck. His mark. It wasn't a dream. . .

"Oh, no, no, no, no. . ." I whine. Dropping myself down on the floor beside the wall, bringing my knees to my chest.

How could I let this happen? Where was my reason? Was was I thinking?!

I think I lost even that tiny piece of dignity I had left. How could I allow him to mark me like that? To give me a hickey? A goddamn hickey?!

This deal. . . It's not going to work. I can't just not resist! I can't just be quiet and obey every single demand he has.

I made the deal so he'll start treating me nicer but, ugh, how does that help me if he'll just continue with doing whatever he pleases with me? He just doesn't get it, I don't want him!

I bury my face in my palms, closing my eyes.

The second I do so- "Mine" His words echo through my head, rush of excitement overflowing me, my body vibrating as I remember how this mark on my neck happened.

"Ugh, would you stop thinking about him?!" I shout, jumping back on my feet.

That's it Demetrios Nikolayev, I've had enough.

I'll never give myself to you.

Never.

*

*

I'm polishing crystal glasses at the eastern wing's bar a couple of hours later. It's around 12am so the place is entirely empty.
I've covered the hickey with a scarf around my neck, I can't let others see it. Girls would ask too many questions and I'd definitely accidentaly spill out all the things that I shouldn't.

"Little Gerard."

I look up, already knowing this has to be, no one else, but Maxim.
I meet his dark chocolate eyes as he leans on the bar counter.

"Hello." I greet. Finally someone nice. "Vodka?" I ask although I don't think asking is necessary. I turn around to open the fridge, grabbing the nicely chilled bottle.

"Pay attention Cali" he starts, opening up his suit "do you see this gun? If I ever say no to vodka I want you to take it and shoot me in the head." He demands.

Although a sight of a weapon makes the chill run down my spine I can't help but to laugh. Oh, such an idiot.

"It's a deal." I chuckle, pouring him a glass.