Chapter 18 | Right in the feels

Enjoy :*
***************************************

"Here you go, as good as new." A female doctor smiles at me, finishing off with taking care of my forehead wound.

"Thank you." I mumble, feeling the tiny tears still dripping down my face.
Looking around I see 3 maids, cleaning the floors and walls, trying to wipe off as much blood as possible.

The female doctor then stands up, leaving my room through a gap in the wall where my doors used to be. I can't believe that he broke them off.

"You fucking whore" His words echo through my mind, shutting my eyes together I try to stop thinking about it as fear entirely consumes me again.

Whore? Why am I a whore? I didn't want it, I fought back as much as I could.

More tears escape my eyes as I recall the previous events. I was almost raped. Literally almost. By two gangsters that planned the whole thing and even come up with a cover story.

I get myself off the bed that I was almost raped on, walking to the nearby wall that is still white and not covered in blood as most of the place. I slide down against it, bringing my knees to my chest as my palms cover my face and I cry in silence.

What did I do to people? Why do they hate me so much?

How could I misjudge Andrei like that?

How could they try to rape me when I begged them so hard not to?

How can he call me a whore when I tried so hard to fight back?

It doesn't make any sense.

"Cali" I hear deep male voice in the distance.

I flinch from fear, please no more men today!

I look up, my body trembling.

My eyes take in dark blonde hair and deep chocolate eyes. "I heard what happened" he says, approaching me.

Deep down I know that Maxim is probably the only man in this house that I don't have to fear, but being traumatized like I am, I can't stop myself from - "P-Please stay y-your distance" I beg him, trying to move backwards.

His eyes widen in confussion as he stops on his track. "Little Gerard it's me" he tries "I won't hurt you, you know that. I've never hurt you."

I start crying heavier, I didn't want to say that to him, but I just couldn't stop myself.

"I-I just don't know who I can trust anymore." I confess between sobs.

I see him coming closer, kneeling down to me. "It's okay" he tells me "you can trust me, I promise. I would never try to do that to you." He asures, staring directly at my eyes.

"You wouldn't?" I ask again to make sure, wipping off my tears.

"Never." He repeats, emphasizing the word.

"Okay." I slightly nod and slowly move my figure futher on the left, making enough space between me and my bed so he could sit on the floor, leaning against the wall like I am.

He does so, leaning backwards. "I am so sorry." He tells me.

"Yeah." I nod, tear escaping my eye as I remember. "Me too."

"Andrei and Mark?" He scoffs in anger. "I did not see that coming" he confesses "I'm sorry, I really didn't."

It's not your fault, why are you apologizing?

"It's not your job to take care of me." I asure him. "It's mine. I failed."

He frowns, turning to face me. "Failed? Are you insane? You did an amaizing job, triggering the silent alarm like that. You should be proud."