Falling In Love With A Badass Skater Boy Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Playtime

"Damn it, where did my shoes go!" I groaned. We were supposed to be at the airport in 5 minutes. It turns out that our alarm clock decided to not set correctly and not wake us up.

"Fran just wear these." Kassie threw me a pair of blue high heeled boots. Eh, I much prefer my Vans but these will do.

"Are we all good? Suit cases packed and money ready?" Kassie asked. She knew that we were ready to go.

"Yup off we go-" Kathleen hooked arms with me and we started to skip.

"To wonder land!" I finished her sentence. We were goofy like that.

Kassie pulled me away from Kathleen and pinned me to the wall. Kathleen looked around curiously. Kassie just waved her off signaling for her to get into the car. She smiled happily and skipped to it.

"Fran drastic times call for drastic measures. We will miss our flight if we don't get to the airport within 5 minutes. As you know, the airport is about 10 minutes away. We need to let HER drive. . . " Kassie whispered into my ear as if it was a life or death matter. Well, in a way, it was.

"I see your point. I will need to make a few phone calls to make sure the cops don't catch her driving as recklessly as she does. The only thing is, her stubbornness will get in the way so don't piss her off, but grab the wheel when necessary." We both knew the dangers of letting Kathleen drive.

Kassie let go of me and we both ran to the car. I popped out my phone and called my cousin Enzo. He was a cop and could tell us all the ways they could find us. He would pick a route for us to take that would avoid the police.

"Kathleen, you get to drive" Kassie said emotionlessly. Kathleen was too happy to notice. She jumped into the driver's seat and revved up the engine. Kassie instructed her to do everything I say when I say it.

"Hello this is Enzo speaking, how may I help you?" Enzo said in his usual work voice.

"Hey Enzo it's Fran. I need your help. Were letting Kathleen drive and we need to get to the airport pronto. Can you get us a route without any cops?" I could hear Enzo typing away on his computer.

"Okay, first of all, I hope you know the dangers of letting Kathleen drive. I have you on my map. Stay on the phone so I can track you and tell you directions. I may tell you to take paths that aren't roads but just do what I say." Even Enzo knew the dangers of letting Kathleen drive. In some ways, she is faster, but more destructive.

"Okay, where to chief?" I asked. Kathleen and Kassie were waiting for instructions.

"Pull out of the parking lot and take a left." What? The way to the airport is on the right.

Kathleen stepped on the gas and the car flung forward. She messily made a left turn and sped up. A few pedestrians were watching in horror.

"Now take another left into the street with the nursing home at the end. Once you get there sped up and go through the back yard of the nursing home." Kathleen grinned and went down the street. The nursing home at the end was clearly her target. She sped up and rammed through the yard. A few old people inched out of the way.

"Now go through the forest. Be careful not to hit any trees. Once you see the road, take a sharp right and board onto it." Kathleen did as instructed and went through the forest. It took about a minute for us to reach the end. Kathleen was going about 70 miles per hour now, and having a pretty damn good time. When we saw the road, she skidded to the right and we were on the highway.

"Okay, now just keep going and when I tell you to get off an exit, get off it. There is a cop coming up on your left. Watch him, I will make you turn before he sees your swerving." Kathleen huffed. Even Enzo could tell she was swerving for god's sake!