Falling In Love With A Badass Skater Boy Chapter 14

Chapter 14

Hot Springs Heat Up

“What's that saying, once a cheater always a cheater?” I put some sugar in the lemonade and grabbed a few cups. Zero let out an irritated sigh and grabbed my arm as I tried to walk outside.

“Hey wait a minute; just hear me out will you?” Zero was being persistent.

“I’ll listen after I get my thoughts in order. Just give me some time.” I pushed my arm from his grasp and kicked the door open.

“Who wants lemonade?” I smiled and put the cups and the jug on the table. Everyone ran to me, laughing and soaking wet.

“Hey Fran, how about a hug?” Shane said as he opened his arms and showed that he was dripping wet.

“You better not Shane” I said, taking a few steps back. It was no use, because within seconds, there was a big wet body pressed onto my previously dry one. I shoved him off and he laughed at me.

I made a pouty face, but I couldn’t keep it for too long. He ruffled my hair and I cracked a big smile. I heard the phone ring from inside the house, and ran inside. Zero was getting a coke from the fridge as I grabbed the phone.

“Hello Arong residence how may I help you?” I said in my usual answering tone.

“Fran, why do you always sound so serious when I call? You need to loosen up and visit my hot springs.” A very familiar voice said.

“Uncle Daisuke! I’ve missed you so much! How are you and Aunt Leila?” I said in a cheerful voice. Zero opened the can of coke and watched me.

“Were doing fine, barely surviving without my favorite niece though. Listen, how about you and some friends come visit me in Japan? I need you guys to do me a big favor.” Uncle Daisuke said, clearly trying to hide the worry in his voice.

“What's wrong? What's the favor? We will do it, anything you need.” I said, trying to be as helpful as possible.

“Well my staff is all gone this week. Either freak accidents have happened to members of their family, or they are on vacation. I have no workers and don’t want to have to ask this of you-“ Daisuke said with sadness and desperation.

“Say no more Uncle D, we will all be there soon. Can you get us a flight?” There was cheerfulness to my voice that was an attempt to make my uncle feel better.

“Yes, my private jet is available at all times. It’s ready whenever you are.” He said as I heard customers in the background.

“Okay, we will be at the airport soon.” I said as Zero eyed me suspiciously.

“Thank you so much for this Fran. I can’t wait to see you.” He said with a bit more of optimism.

“I can’t wait to see you too. Bye, love you.” My voice suddenly turned into my 5 year old voice. Every time I talk to him in that voice, it reminds me of when I was his little girl. My dad used to be busy working a lot, and he would take care of me.

“I love you too sweetheart.” He said, and then we both hung up.

“What was that about?” Zero said, sipping his Coke.

I waved my hand for him to follow me outside. We walked to the pool and I attempted to get everyone’s attention. When that didn’t work, I gave Zero a pleading look and he used his two fingers to whistle. Everyone froze and stared at us.

“Hey guys, uh I need to ask a favor of you.” I started.

“What is it?” Kassie said, obviously curious.