Falling In Love With A Badass Skater Boy

Chapter 1

Skate Park Mania

Fran's POV

Kathleen tugged at my arm and pointed to where her imaginary watch was. It was the last day of 10th grade and to be honest, it sucks. My friends Dan and Darius were leaving. The chance of me seeing either of them again was extremely low.

I smiled a tortured smile to her and ran to Dan. I wrapped my arms around his waist and pulled his hips to mine. I gave a good squeeze and let go. Dan smiled the best he could do in such a sad situation and hugged Kathleen. Kathleen dated Dan for a while and I knew it would kill her to see him leave.

Dan waved us goodbye and walked out the doors. Kathleen looked to the ground and I patted her back. I gave her the best smile I could.

"All endings have a new beginning. We will meet someone else to take his place. Maybe not completely, but someone who is just as funny and loving will come along. Cheer up!" I nudged her in the side and she let out a soft laugh. It's sad to see the people you love so sad. Ever since that time in 7th grade when I saw her cry, I never wanted it to ever happen again.

"Hey, you're right. Someone will come along and surpass Dan's awesomeness." Kathleen beamed.

I pulled out my phone to see if Kassie was going to call. We had all made plans to go to the new skate park. Kathleen and Kassie knew how to use a skateboard and bike. Me on the other hand, am clueless little Fran. If I ever even stood on a skateboard, I would fall on my ass and make a fool out of myself.

"It's like a hurricane, speed train, she's a moving car

Catch her in the fast lane, oh I gotta know,

Can I keep up with her pace?

Kick it into gear when I see that face"

I pushed talk on my phone and sung "Hello how are you this mighty fine day lady Kassie?"

Kassie laughed and said "Quite good Miss Fran! Quite good! Now where shall we meet?"

"Hmm how does the fountain in front of the school sound m'lady?"

"Exquisite! We shall meet there now!" Kassie hung up the phone before I was able to answer.

I looked at Kathleen and the expression on her face clearly showed that she heard our conversation.  We both pushed the doors open and shielded our eyes from the summer sun. Kathleen pointed to the fountain and we both ran towards it.

Kassie was already standing there, waiting for our grand appearance. She waved and hugged us.

"Lets get walking! The new skate park is not too far from here. 5 minutes max." Kassie waved for us to begin walking.

We all began to walk, but that's just too old style for us. We were running and jumping and tagging each other when we arrived. We did our ridiculous imitation of the preppy swagger. The gates were open wide and the inside was packed with kids. The lines were extending outside of the gates onto the sidewalk.

"We get VIP access!" Kassie pulled 3 cards out of her pocket and gave us our cards. I stared at it in awe. It had my picture and looked really official. I gave Kassie a look that said 'these better not be fake'.

Kassie raised her hands like I was a cop telling her to freeze. She laughed and shook her finger at me.

"You don't think these are fake now do you? Let's just say I know a few people." Kassie winked at me and my mouth dropped.

"She means that her aunt runs the place. We have free access whenever we want. No lines or prices. It's as simple as that." Kathleen explained.

A smile spread across my face as my brain processed the information. My legs jetted me towards the gate that led to the gate that led to the park area. There were large bike paths and skating ramps and railings.