Falling In Love With A Badass Skater Boy Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Hard to Teach the Uncoordinated

I stood outside of the gates with Kathleen and Kassie. We were on watch for the boys.

"Hey, sorry we are late!" I turned my head to see Zero and two other boys running toward us. The boys were all tall and slender.

"It's fine! We weren't waiting long!" I smiled to them.

They all slowed down and Kassie opened the gate. I could tell Kathleen was eyeing them, choosing which one she wanted. My face showed all the amusement I was getting from her antics.

We all stepped into the park and went straight for the shack. Dinner was first on the list.

"So I'm guessing we get dinner first?" one of Zero's friends said.

"Ugh, yeah dinner is first and then we get to skate. What's your name?" Kathleen asked curiously.

"Oh sorry, this is Dan and Shane." Zero pointed to each of them.

"This is Kassie and Kathleen." Both of them waved.

Kassie jumped behind the counter and opened the separator so we could get into the kitchen. She threw us each an apron and put us to work. I was in charge of the French fries. Eventually, I burned myself on the hot liquid and Kassie kicked me out of the kitchen. I pouted and sat on the counter.

Kassie patted my head and gave me a few fries. I smiled and munched on them while everyone else worked at getting hamburgers and hot dogs cooked. The boys seemed to have no complaints about being put to work. When they were done, we pushed two tables together to make a long one.

"Here Fran, I made you a veggie burger." Kassie handed it to me. She knew that I was a vegetarian.

"You don't eat meat?" Zero raised his head from his burger to watch me with awe.

"Yeah I am not really one for killing animals." I laughed nervously and squeezed ketchup on my burger.

The boys consumed their burgers at an inhuman rate. Kassie watched them with fascination, Kathleen looked horrified, and I just laughed at how messy they were. Ketchup and mustard was all over their faces.

Once we all ate, Kassie brought us some boards. As soon as the boys got the boards, they were out the door to the ramps. Zero stayed with me to give me some lessons and pointers. Kassie and Kathleen followed the boys.

"Okay, so I think we should just start out easy with just keeping balance." Crap, I suck with balance.

"Okay sounds good!" I smiled and hid my nervousness. I hope I can pull this off somehow.

We both walked to the trail and set out boards down. The ramps were not too far, so we kept getting pointed at by the boys. Kathleen was all over Dan and Kassie was arguing with Shane. This Dan could be the replacement for our old Dan. . . .

"Okay, hold my hands and I will start with pulling you around a bit. Stand on the board." I lifted one leg onto the board and it wobbled. Zero put my hands onto his shoulders and then held my waist.

"Now lift the next leg." My second leg was easier to raise with all the support he was giving my balance. My legs were sturdily on the board so I looked up to Zero. He nodded to me and moved his hands from my waist to my hands. He backed up slowly and the board moved at a normal walking pace.

After about a minute of him pulling me around, his grip on my hands got lighter. He was barely holding on.

"Okay, I want you to push your right leg to the ground and kick off. Give yourself some speed." He let go completely and I wobbled slightly. My right leg pushed against the ground a bit too hard for my liking. One more kick and I was going at an uncomfortable speed.

"How do I stop?" I yelled behind me. Zero was running a few feet behind the board.

"Gently let your right foot glide the ground." At this point, panic was taking over. All my mind registered was foot and ground.

I stomped my foot to the ground and went flying forward. Zero grabbed my hand just in time before my face became a part of the pavement. He slid his arm around my back and pressed my body to his chest.  Zero was extremely fast. He got to me before I even touched the ground.

My face was nuzzled into his chest. He smelled like Axe. Geez, do all guys use that stuff?

"Are you okay?" Zero propped me back to my feet. My knees almost gave out, but regained power quickly.

"Yeah sorry I really couldn't hear your directions very well." I blushed at my clumsiness.

"How are you so quick?" My eyes met his lightning blue ones.

"I am a professional martial artist. I have to be quick on my feet to avoid hits." He laughed and gave a proud smile.

Well I should have known that he did martial arts! His perfect abs should have been a good clue. . .

"Hey Fran you okay? You have got to stop wiping out!" Kathleen yelled. The boys were running towards me but Kathleen and Kassie just walked slowly, enjoying the view. Those perverts. . .

"Yeah I'm fine sorry for worrying you." Dan checked my knees and Shane inspected Zero.

"You didn't hurt yourself at all?" Dan eyed me with curiosity.

"Nah Zero caught me before I was able to touch the ground." I cracked my knuckles and looked to my hands with shame. This was the second time he saved me from getting hurt.

"Nice work my man. Quick on your feet as always." Shane knuckled touched Zero and ruffled his hair. Zero gave him a light punch on the shoulder.

"Hey guys, we should meet up sometime. How about we go to the circus! It's coming to town tomorrow night. I could get us some tickets if you want to come." Kassie smiled triumphantly.

"Yeah that sounds awesome! Meet up at the circus at around 7ish?" Shane stated more than asked.

"Sounds good. We'll, see you guys then!" Kathleen waved them off.

Zero turned around and smiled at me. I waved back at him and gave a light smile.

As soon as the boys were gone, Kathleen and Kassie dragged me to the house. Kassie shoved me to the bed and Kathleen sat on my stomach.

"Spill! I want all the deets!" I laughed at Kathleen's nosiness

"Well. . . ." I started.