Meeting The Parents (L.R.H)

I was currently racing the rush hour traffic to get to my boyfriend Ashton's house, probably going way over the speed limit.

I was in such a rush because Ashton's appendix had been taken out as he was rushed to hospital with stomach pains in the middle of class. I couldn't go with him so I needed to check he was okay.

Running up to the Irwin's front door, I knocked and waited patiently for someone to answer. A woman opened the door, some of her features resembling Ashton.

"Hello Mrs Irwin, I'm Luke. I was wondering if I could see Ash?" I asked quietly feeling a lot more shy.

She looked at me gone out, although I don't blame her. I didn't exactly look the picture of health to be perfectly honest. I was sporting two puffy eyes from lack of sleep and crying from worrying about my boyfriend. I had one of Ashton's baggy hoodies on, some old jeans and a pair of battered trainers on. I was probably pale from worrying myself so much and my hair was still damp from my shower, which fell to my shoulders in a mop.

"Ash?" Anne shouted into the house

It wasn't seconds later until Ashton came limping to the door due to his painful side and looked at his mother questioningly.

"Do you know this boy?" She asked

Ashton came closer to the door, a massive smile breaking out on his face once he realised it was me.

"Lukey" he yelled holding his arms out towards me as he was in too much pain to come to me.

Laughing at his adorableness, I walked him and embraced him warmly. He clung to me and pulled me inside to the sofa. He snuggled into my chest and sniffled.

Tucking a stray curl behind his ear I asked "what's wrong baby boy hmm?"

"My- t-tummy hu-hurts" the brunette boy hiccuped tears spilling over his eyelids.

"Hey shhh, it's okay I'm here now" I said gently rocking him back and forth until he fell asleep. I bundled him in a blanket a laid him on the sofa and stood up.

"I can leave now if you want? I had to make sure he was okay" I said to Anne who had a smile on her face

"Stay, I'm glad he has a boyfriend like you Luke" she replied grabbing me a drink from the kitchen.

I thanked her and sat down again next to Ashton, smiling softly at his little snores before kissing his forehead and putting the tv on watching re runs of Friends.