Marriage

Today was my older brother's wedding. Jack was extremely happy at the prospect of marrying the love of his life and I was very happy for him.

I was taking my fiancé Ashton as my date. Me and him were currently stood in the hallway of our apartment checking we had everything. Jack wanted us there early to help out with last minute preparations.

Once we arrived, I was astonished. The church looked absolutely beautiful and I was speechless. Ashton smiled at my childlike excitement and dragged me into the church to meet with my immediate family members and the bride-to-be Emily's family as well.

Me and Ashton greeted everyone and finished putting up the decorations. Hearing my ringtone for Jack, I quickly answered.

"What's up Jack?" I asked

"Luke could you come down to the changing rooms I kinda need some advice and Ben isn't answering his phone" he said sounding anxious.

I chuckled "I think Ben just went to take a shit, but yeah I'm on my way"

Jack seemed to laugh at that as I hung up.

Walking over to Ashton, I watched him pin the banner up on the wall.

"Hey Ash" I whispered in his ear.

He let out a girly scream and put his hand on his chest as I giggled.

"God Luke don't scare me like that, what's up?" The brunette said trying to calm his heartbeat down.

"Jack needs me, I'll be back in a bit okay?"

"Yeah okay" he said pecking me on the lips, before I made my way to the groom.

When I got there he was pacing around the room. I laughed at him before tackling him into a hug.

"You'll be fine Jack" I said reassuringly.

Out of the corner of my eye I saw a guitar. I suddenly had an idea. Picking up the guitar I pulled jack over to sit on the floor with me as I started to strum some chords.

'When, when we came home
Worn to the bones
I told myself, "this could get rough"
And when, when I was off, which happened a lot
You came to me and said, "that's enough"
Oh I know that this love is pain
But we can't cut it from out these veins, no
So I'll hit the lights and you lock the doors
We ain't leaving this room 'til we bust the mold
Don't walk away, don't roll your eyes
They say love is pain, well darling, let's hurt tonight
When, when you came home
Worn to the bones
I told myself, "this could be rough"
Oh, I know you're feeling insane
Tell me something that I can explain, oh
I'll hit the lights and you lock the doors
Tell me all of the things that you couldn't before
Don't walk away, don't roll your eyes
They say love is pain, well darling, let's hurt tonight
If this love is pain, well darling, let's hurt, oh tonight
So you hit the lights and I'll lock the doors
Let's say all of the things that we couldn't before
Won't walk away, won't roll my eyes
They say love is pain, well darling, let's hurt tonight
If this love is pain, then honey let's love tonight'

"Better?" I asked after we finished the song.

"Yeah" Jack said a smile on his face

~time skip to the ceremony~

Emily looked absolutely stunning as she walked down the isle. Her dress was a beautiful yellow instead of the traditional white to show her bubbly personality. Jack's suit what's a light blue, really putting emphasis on his eyes.

The couple had decided to write their own vows and I watched in complete silence. Their love for each other was clear in their eyes. I didn't realise I was crying until Ashton squeezed my hand, and mouthed 'you okay?'.

I answered with a sweet kiss and continued watching the ceremony.

Later on that night, me and Ashton were dancing among friends and family.

"I can't wait till we get married" I said to Ashton as we danced slowly, chests pressed together.

"I can't wait until you take my last name" Ashton replied smiling softly.

niamhkill <3