Wildest Dreams

May 16th; 2012
The Next Day
Taylor Swift's Point of View
I'm behind stage of Entertainment Tonight, getting ready to go up on stage. I begin to chew my nails as my nervous take over. My first ever interview...I've never been interviewed. My head is filled with hundreds of 'what-if's' and my nails are becoming shorter by the second.

"Welcome the new rising star, Taylor Swift!" This is my cue to go up to the stage but it doesn't feel very real.

"It's okay, I'll be behind the cameras. If you get scared, just look at me." Joe walks around so he's behind some of the cameras and I find the courage to go up into stage. I sit down on the couch with one of my fingers tapping my lap.

"Hey everyone and welcome to ET, I'm Samantha Harris and I'm here with the one and only Taylor Swift. Thank you so much for coming in!" My guard begins to come down as I see this just seems like a conversation.

"Of course, I'm so happy to be here!" My first words ever spoken here. I can't believe I managed to speak in the first place.

"Congratulations, Taylor." Samantha says with a smile.

"Thank you."

"Incase any of you have been living under a rock, last night, Taylor just released her first ever single. I'm so happy for you." This comment makes me laugh slightly and I my nerves go away.

"Thank you." I guess all I'm going to say is thank you a bunch of times.

"Let's get started. So, your name is Taylor Swift?"

"Correct."

"This kind of sounds like a first date type of question but we know nothing about you. Give us a little bit of information about you."

"My name is Taylor...I was born in Pennsylvania and lived there for about a decade. I moved to Nashville to try and pursue my music career." I got a lot of more stuff but I'm trying to keep it broad.

"Do you still live in Nashville?"

"Well, when I was 16 I was emancipated and moved to Long Island. I just moved back a few days ago." Why am I giving away so much information? These people don't need to know this shit about me.

"I'm sorry about that."

"Nah it's okay. I got over it. I managed to get on my feet and begin my own life."

"At 16?"

"I dropped out of high school so I mean, I had to try and get my life on track. I have a GED now which has helped me a lot. Kids, stay in school...don't be me." This is going great, 10/10.

"Seems like you had a rough life."

"It was actually really good until was 16. I have an great brother, Austin, who has helped me through my experiences so much." These people are pulling this answers out of me. It's like I don't know how to speak for myself.

"You're close with your brother? My siblings and I always hated each other."

"My brother is basically my best friend. I don't know what I'd do without him."

"That's sweet. Anyways, I watched the new music video and it is amazing."

"Thank you."

"How does it feel to break dozens of YouTube records?"

"I didn't realize I broke so many."

"Your video has reached the most views in 24 hours and it hasn't even been 24 hours yet. You broke the VEVO record and you actually are the person to gain the most followers on YouTube within 24 hours. You broke several streaming records as well."