Our Song

January 17th; 2006
Four Months Later
Taylor Swift's Point of View
Dear diary,
I still love him, even more than I did a few months ago which I didn't think that was possible. Today is our four month anniversary! It's also Adam's birthday today, he's 18! He's an adult now but I'm 16. I'm close enough to his age for us to be together. I have the perfect gift for his birthday, I've been saving up the past couple months to buy it for him. He apparently loves this artist called Fatboy Slim so I got him two concert tickets so he'll take me with him. I'm so happy, I've never been more happy in my life. I'm going to leave to go see him now.

      -Taylor <3

I close my diary and put it under my bed so no one will read it. I hear the doorbell and head downstairs with the tickets in my hand. It must be him, it has to be him. I open the door where Adam is standing with a black leather jacket over his white t-shirt.

"Are you ready to go?" He asks.

"Yup. Mom, I'm leaving!" I yell.

"Taylor, you need to practice for tomorrow!" My mom walks over to me as she speaks.

"Mom, it's fine. If I don't know what I'm doing by now, I'm not going to get a record deal." I tell her.

"Fine but be back before midnight."

"I'll make sure she's back before midnight, Mrs. Swift." Adam reassures my mom.

"Okay. Good, now be safe." She backs off and walks back into the living room. We both shortly walk outside and Adam leads me down to the car.

"So, I don't know if you had plans for us tonight but I have a good idea." Adam says.

"Sounds good to me." I respond with and get into the passenger seat of the car. Adam drives the car for about 10 minutes until we end up at a park. He opens the door for me and we walk up to a place where he's placed a couple of blankets.

"It's your birthday, I should be doing stuff for you." I claim.

"You're a good enough present for me." I smile as he says this. I love him so much and I feel so loved in return. After a couple hours of just the two of us, I decide to give him his gift.

"I got you a birthday gift. I hope you like it." I hand him the envelope which he proceeds to open.

"Oh my god, you got me Fatboy Slim concert tickets?"

"Yeah, I knew you liked them so..."

"This is amazing. Thank you so much."

"You're welcome. I'm happy you like the gift."

He gives me a quick peck on the cheek before setting the concert tickets into the basket he brought. "I also had another idea for tonight." Adam says.

"What is it?" I ask.

"Well, we've been together for four months now. So I think it's time that maybe we..."

"Get a cat?" I ask awkwardly.

"No, I'm talking about sex. There's no one here and we're out pretty far."

"Isn't illegal for an 18 year old to do things to a 16 year old technically. Since I'm 16, I don't think I can legally consent to having...sex."

"Taylor, you'll 18 soon. It's not like I'm endorsing pedophilia. I thought you had to be 16, or like, you couldn't be younger than 16."