My tears ricochet

June 24th 2006
The Next Day
Taylor Swift's Point of View
Dear diary,
        Adam is leaving today and I have no idea what our relationship is going to turn out to be in the end. I'm pregnant, my recklessness lead to a dumb unplanned pregnancy. I'm 16, how the hell am I supposed to deal with this? I've decided it's for the best to not tell Adam because I don't want his life ruined because of me. I know I could get an abortion but I can't do that. I believe in women's choice but I'm choosing. I'm choosing my child no matter the consequences. I think it's for the best I break off my relationship with Adam so he doesn't know. When he leaves, I think I'm going to tell my parents. I want them to not go beat the fuck out my Adam. I want Adam to be gone by the time I tell them. I'll just get it over with because I'm going to need to do it eventually.

-Taylor <3

I set down my everything and walk out the door. I go downstairs to find my parents. "Mom, can you take me to Adam's house so I can say goodbye? He's leaving and I want to see him one last time." I ask.

"Sure honey. Let's go." My mom says and stands up. We both get into her car and I look down at the floor the entire time while picking at my nails.

"Is everything okay sweetie?" My mom asks.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Perfectly fine." Lie.

"Well, we're here so go talk to him. I'll wait here." I jump out of the car and walk into his driveway where he's loading stuff into his car.

"Hey." I say to him.

"Oh, hey. I wanted to talk to you." He says.

"Me too." I can feel the words beginning to fall out of my mouth.

"I think we should break up."

"I'm p-" We both speak simultaneously but I stop myself.

"I'm sorry but I think it's for the better. I'm going to be in California and I don't think we should drop our lives to be together."

"Okay, I agree with you. I'll miss you still."

"Me too." He walks over to me and hugs me tight. He kisses me on the forehead and takes a step back from me.

"I think I'm going to go now. I don't know, maybe one day we'll run into each other."

"One day maybe." When he says this I turn around and head back into my moms car. It feels like I have no one. No one to help me get through this and I can't ask for help. I begin to breakdown crying again because I feel so ashamed and my life no longer has any future. Maybe before I could have at least got my high school degree. Gotten a job doing boring stuff but I would get paid a fair amount. I don't want to work as a fast food worker my entire life.

"Hey, it's okay. You don't need to cry over a boy." My mom gives takes my hand and reassures me.

"I know, I know. It's still hard." When will I stop lying today? I have bigger problems to worry about right now. We pull into the garage shortly and I walk inside and go into the living room. My mom goes and sits next to my dad on the couch.

"Mom, dad, can I talk to you?" I ask standing in front of them. Austin hears what I say and walks in quickly.

"Yeah, sure. What do you need?" My dad sits on the couch, slightly concerned.

"I-I'm-I'm sorry, this is just hard to say."

"It's okay, just take your time and breathe." My mom says sincerely.

"I'm pregnant. I'm sorry, I know this is-I'm sorry." I explain.

My mom looks up at me and speaks quickly. "No you're not. If you we're pregnant that means you would have had to have sex."

"I-I lost my virginity already. I know I was going to wait but I didn't." I walk over to her and hand her the positive pregnancy test.

"Taylor, you're too young for this." She exclaims.

"I know but I can't just-It's already happened."

"You're 100% sure? You know you can have a false positive." She is clearly trying to find a way to get around this.

"I took like 7 of those. All told me the same thing."

My mom sighs with her hand on her forehead. "Are you keeping it?"

"Yes. I don't know how I'm going to figure it out but I want to keep the baby and raise them. Hopefully you can just be there for me to help me figure this all out. I really don't know what I'm doing."

"We aren't going to help you. If you don't get an abortion, we will not help you."

"And why not?"

"Because, we're going to kick you out. If you think you're mature enough for this then you can figure out how to be an adult. Adults don't need their parents anymore."

"Please, I can't do this by myself. I need you!" I plead.

"Go pack up and leave. I don't care about where you go."

I run upstairs and put some clothes in an large duffel bag. I grab all my money that I have been saving up for a new guitar and stuff it in the bag along with my journal and a couple pens. I walk downstairs with my head low to the ground.

"Here, take this. It's everything I have. It's not a lot but I want you to be okay." Austin gives me a small stack of money and I take it.

"Thank you...I love you so much."

"I love you too. I'm sorry this happened. I really wanted to be able to see my niece or nephew."

"Me too." I hug him tightly and cry.

"I think it's time for me to go." I put the money in the bag and walk out the front door with my guitar in my hand as well. Where the hell am I supposed to even go? I walk down the street and eventually end up miles away from home. Today I was just pregnant, now I'm pregnant and homeless. When I thought it couldn't get worse, it did.

———————-
Author's Note:
Poor tay 🥺 She was already so upset and now she doesn't even have a home 😫 why have my recent chapters been so short
Word count: 1057