Sad Beautiful Tragic

February 4th; 2012
The Next Day
Taylor Swift's Point of View
I tie Olivia's hair into a ponytail as she eats breakfast. It's Saturday so she's staying at a friends house while I go to work. They really didn't make this job easy for people with kids. After she finishes breakfast she hops off the chair and grabs her new Barbie.

"Can I bring my Barbie with me? Katie has one and I want to play Barbies with her." Katie is her friend and her parents are a lifesaver. They're always willing to watch Olivia when I go to work. Most likely since her mom is a stay at home parent and wants Katie to be entertained by something else.

"Of course you can bring your new toy."

"She's not a toy. She's a doll and her name is Mae. I named her myself."

"That's a beautiful name. Now, let's go, mommy is gonna be late for work." I hold her hand and bring her outside. I see Katie's mom in a car. This woman is amazing enough to also pick Olivia up. God I could never.

"Bye mommy!" Liv says as she runs to the car.

"Bye. Love you!" I see her get into the car and then them driving away. I know I'll see her again tonight but sometimes it still hurts when she leaves. I want to spend time together but I have to support her. I walk about a mile to a bus station. I hate this walk but at least it keeps me in shape I guess. I get on the bus which is already overcrowded and hold onto a pole in the middle. I can't be late for work or blow it off again. I'm already walking on thin ice around here. About an hour later, I finally arrive at my stop. I get off the bus and begin to walk to my work. I look at the time, I should make it with a few minutes to spare. I get inside the building and set all my belongings down in my boring and small cubical. I look through my planner...oh shit I have a meeting today and I totally forgot about it. After I read this I slightly run to the conference room. I sit down and see that everyone is already here.

"Nice for you finally show up, Miss Swift. What's your excuse this time?" My boss can be suck a dick sometimes.

"I don't have one. I forgot about it because I was focusing on my daughter. I didn't get stuck in traffic, I didn't miss the bus, I just forgot."

"God, at least you could have made an effort to make up an excuse." Almost everyone in this room is ranked above me, all white males. Sometimes I wonder if I was a man, I wouldn't have to work twice as hard at my job and still get a lower salary then my co-workers. I still stay and listen to this boring meeting. God I don't want to be here. Who knew being a stock broker actually sucked so much. I only come here here to help Liv. I want her to eat amazing food and have all the toys she wants one day. I look at all the boring files when I see my phone ringing. It's Shannon, aka Katie's mom. Immediately, I decline the call and focus back on the meeting. Seconds later, I get another call from Shannon. What does this woman want? I see some texts coming in from her and a third call. This time I give in and pick up.

"Excuse me, I really need to take this." I walk outside the conference room and put the phone to my ear.

"Taylor?" I hear on the phone.

"Yeah, it's me. What is it?" I ask.

"Olivia fell and hit her head. She has a deep cut on her forehead so we're taking her to the hospital." Oh god oh god. This is something I didn't need right now. I care so much about Olivia but couldn't she have hurt herself in like an hour after this meeting is done?