ME!

February 12th; 2012
Eight Days Later
Taylor Swift's Point of View
Dear diary,
            It's been about a week since I've gotten fired. Yesterday the electricity was cut off. I didn't pay the electric bill as I have about 0 dollars. It's going great. Olivia was scared when it happened but I held her and told her it was okay. Our stove is electric so it looks like we're going to be having a lot of cereal. Olivia is still asleep. I try to hide all our issues from her but it gets harder every day.
I think today I'm going to go out on the street and play music. When I play music I can get up to $200. I think they'll pay me more when they see I have my daughter with me. I haven't played music in a while as I've been trying to put that dream behind me. It looks like I'm going to have to turn to it for a bit. I've been trying to get a new job but none of them want me as I don't have a degree.
I don't know what I'm going to do, I'm so clueless. I might have to go back to having multiple part time jobs.

Taylor <3

I look at the time and see that Olivia should be coming into the room just about...now. She's very consistent about the time she comes into the room. The door opens and Liv jumps on my bed.

"Mommy, it's time to get up!"

"Okay, okay I'm up." I get off the bed and walk to the kitchen with her. I give her some breakfast and she eats the dry cereal with her hands.

"Mommy, tomorrow is bring your dad to school day. The students are supposed to bring their dad so they can talk about their job. Is my dad going to come?" She looks up at me with a smile. I sigh and sit next to her.

"Liv, we've talked about this."

"But he has to come! All the kids are bringing their dads! I can't be the only one without a daddy."

"Liv, I'm so sorry."

"Why don't I have a daddy? You always tell me I don't have one but why?" Damn will this girl stop making me feel like absolute shit?

"Your daddy...he-he just wasn't ready to be a dad." I don't know how to explain this to her without lying.

"But you were ready to be my mommy."

"I know. I just want you to know, it's not your fault. Your dad leaving, that was all him. You did nothing wrong. Okay?"

"Okay mommy."

"I think I have an idea for tomorrow. I promise you, I won't let you down." Why did I make a promise I likely won't be able to keep?

"Yay! I love you!" She stuffs the last of the cereal in her mouth. I love her so much and I can't stand seeing her upset.

"What would you like to do today?" I feel so bad, I'll let her do what she wants today.

"Can we just watch Doc McStuffins?" She asks.

"We can't today." I've been watching a lot of Doc McStuffins lately. I hate the show but I love watching it with her. We don't have electricity right now so I don't think we can watch tv exactly. How about we go outside and I sing some songs?

"With the guitar?"

"Of course!"

"Yay!" The both of us get dressed and I take my guitar outside. I walk with her out into an outside shopping mall. I sit down on the edge of a circular flower bed that surrounded by concrete. I sit on the concrete that is a makeshift chair. I set down my guitar case on the ground so people will drop money in it.

"Olivia, make sure you stay by me. You can't go running off right now."

"But I want to go play."