Innocent

February 3rd; 2012
Five Years Later
Taylor Swift's Point of View
Dear diary,
        My words have been limited recently. It feels like I have no time to write now because of Olivia. I love her but she never stops. It's almost Valentine's Day...I haven't had a Valentine in six years? Now every guy I meet, it's brief. Once they find out I have a kid, they leave. I don't blame them as 22 is young to be raising a five year old.
Every day I wake up by Olivia jumping on my bed now. I used to have an alarm but it seems like she's turned into my alarm. I then make her breakfast while she runs around the living room basically. I feel so bad for her. I can't provide the things I want to. Every day she wakes up and either has toast, eggs, or cereal. When she has toast, I take the edges. When she has eggs, I eat what she doesn't. When she has cereal, I make my own bowl but it's half the size and she's five. It's not a whole lot. For every dinner or lunch I have ramen noodles since they're cheap but I'm extremely tired of eating them. Usually when I have one, I just avoid trying to taste it. Olivia gets free lunch at school so she depends on school for getting meals. For dinner, she either has Dino nuggets or baked chicken from the 50% off isle. I know the stuff is only good if you bake it the same day but that's what I do. Sometimes we get food stamps so we can afford decent food. We can't afford much though. She has a few stuffed animals and a bed but that's her room. I sleep on the floor with just a mattress and a blanket.
Living here is expensive. I've decided to get away from Nashville and go to a place I've always dreamed of living, New York. I couldn't exactly afford an apartment in Manhattan and didn't want to live somewhere dangerous so we ended up living on Long Island. Just because it's not Manhattan, doesn't mean it's cheap to live there. We rent a place, this place is much nicer than my old place in Nashville but it's not perfect. We have each other though which is what matters.
I finally got my GED last year. It's basically a high school diploma for adults that never finished school. I haven't been able to start college though. It's too expensive and I don't have time on my hands for it.
I finally got a job that pays more than 9 dollars an hour. I've officially been hired as a junior stock broker. I have long hours sometimes but it helps me learn more on the job I'm actually going to do. I managed to get the job with no degree which amazes me. I make $17 dollars an hour compared which isn't much better but it's better than nothing. One day I'll become an actual stock broker and make $40 dollars an hour which is money I need. I'm in debt right now, I'm extremely behind on paying half my bills and I want Olivia to have a better life. Maybe if I was rich I could get her a perfect life. I love Olivia but I feel so bad for her. Part of me wishes that I gave her up so she had a better life....maybe if I gave her up she would have gone to a bad home though. Olivia, she's all I have and I would be nothing without her. My life would have no meaning and it would be boring. Life with her makes my life have interesting aspects as it seems like I don't know what'll happen next and I get to see her grow up in front of my eyes.
Austin and I have been communicating more often lately. He has become an actor and lives in California. I don't see him much anymore but it excites me that he's finally living his dream. All of his parts have been brief or he guest starts for an episode or two. Every single time, he sends me half of what he earned. He knows how badly I struggle and wants me to be okay. He's the best brother a sister could ask for.
I think I'm going to go live a little bit of my life now.

-Taylor <3

It's almost at that exactly moment I see Olivia running into the room. She jumps up on my bed and collapses on me.

"Mommy, it's time to wake upppppp!" She's always very persistent and has hell ton of grit.

"I'm up, I'm up." I throw my legs off to the side of the bed and stand up. I walk out into the living area and see that Olivia is sitting on the kitchen table.