With You

Jade's POV

Andre. He's back. He's attending Saidi's school, but how? My mind stopped working when I saw him walk off the bleachers. That quick glance he gave me, it wasn't hatred or vengence. It was hurt and pain. His eyes were red and he looked as if he hadn't eaten in weeks. After all the crap he put me through, I couldn't help but have pity on him.

After the signing and pictures, I roamed the school trying to find Andre. I don't know why I'm doing it, he just seemed so out of place. He was my best friend and turned into a pyschopath the minute he lost me. Knocking myself out of my thoughts, I was sent backwards by an opening door. "Jade!" It was him.

"Ah, Andre I'm fine. I'm fine.." I stood up, rubbing my forehead. Finally looking into his green eyes, I smiled a bit. "H-Hey Andre.."

"I'm surprised you haven't runaway from me yet." He spoke sternly, avoiding eye contact.

"Well you just seem... Distant."

"I was a monster to you, to Tanya. I can't even believe myself for doing that stuff to you guys. I regret it all, but nothing can change that. The two most important girls in my life left me and I went chaotic and ruined their lives." Andre nearly shouted, pressing his body against mine. I stood in shock as he finally came to realization and stepped back. "Sorry I-"

"Andre.." I cut him off, cupping his face in my hands. "I should hate you, but I don't. I should kill you, but I won't. Only because I know deep down inside that you're still that kind hearted seventeen year old who always came to my rescue. You changed a whole lot and I didn't like it one bit. I fell in love, Andre. With a guy who makes me so, so happy and you couldn't accept it. Nothing hurt me more than knowing my best friend would backstab me like that. What you did to me, I was able to handle. But bringing Tanya and Marie into it wasn't necassary, it wasn't their fight. I have a family now, Andre. Zayn and I- we just had twins. Piper was so happy. My baby boys are going to look after my daughter when they're all older."

"Our daughter.." He cut in, tears threatening to escape his eyes.

"Yeah.. Our daughter, Andre." I smiled a bit, wiping his tears away. "She's two now, and she's starting to look just like you."

"Really?" His eyes glistened at the words as I nodded. "I know you'll probably say no and get angry but I'm willing to take the chance and ask if I can see our daughter."

"Uh.."

"Please Jade.. I miss her so much." He begged, cupping my hands in his. "I don't even have to talk to her, just one glance.."

"Alright. I'll let you.." He jumped up in excitement, but I soon put my hand on his shoulder. "But even though she's two, she still remembers the beatings, Dre." I sighed, shutting my eyes.

"Oh god. That changes everything.."

"I remember too.." I sniffled, closing my eyes tighter, unallowing my tears to escape.

"I-I'm sorry.. How about I explain everything to you over at my house? My mom would love to see you. I'm a disappointment to her, I let her down in the greatest way. She'd need seeing you, it'd make her feel better."

"Yeah, she was like my back up mom when I needed one.." We both laughed a bit, making eye contact. "Her eues are just like yours but.. Her hair got a lot darker. It's like a velvet brown.." He chuckled a bit, looking down to my hands.

"I miss us.." My heart stopped and I swear my temperature rose up ten degrees.

"U-Us? You mean a-as in best friends right?"

"Yeah sure.." He sighed.

"I-I can't do this with you anymore Andre. You've lost my trust completely and I can't believe I'm even talking to you after all you've done! Why haven't you gotten arrested yet?!" I yelled, my anger building. I didn't know where it was coming from, but it was spewing out.