#30 Where this leaves us

×××

As soon as he left I stay frozen on the spot as I looked at the door Shawn had just closed behind him.

It never happened, it never existed. Perhaps I imagined it all. I touch my lips, swollen from his kiss.

Yes, it definetly happened.

I flush at the haunting memory of his lips on mine. I couldn't think of anything else.

"I can't believe you! What were you doing?" I heard from a distance which caused my head to snap to the side.

Laura just stood there, her mouth agape and a empty beer bottle at hand.

"I knew you weren't that boring, who knew that you were such a slut." She said with play in her tone

"Laura. H-how long have you been here? How much have you seen?"

"I've seen quite enough." She said, dumping the short bottle in the trash and walking to me. "But the question that should be asked is how long have you two been doing this?"

"Laura, it's not what you think it is."

"What? Didn't I just see you two have a full blown make-out session."

"I didn't make-out with Shawn." I sat, looking down as through I was looking away from scrutiny itself. "Shawn made out with me."

"Don't you lie to me, I saw how it played out. Now, are you going to explain yourself or what... slut?" She dragged the last word jokingly.

"Laura, it's really not what it seems like. It's just that... that was an accident. I've never done that before, at least, not with Shawn."

She put her hand on her hip looking at as she studied me. She had a look of curiosity and subtle pride on her lightly freckled face.

"Okay look." I sat slowly shifted on the couch. "I recently took a liking to Shawn and it was really eating me up for some time. And when I told Shawn about it, he told me that he had taken a liking to me too."

She sat on the couch with me. "So you two are dating now?" She asked more seriously.

I put my hands on my knees. "No, never, no." I say defensively.

"Then what was that I just saw?"

"If I'm being honest Laura, I don't know. It just happened and..." I couldn't finish my sentence because my throat was getting hot.

"What are you going to do now?" She said sounding more sympathetic and less judgmental now.

"I don't know where this leaves us, I'm scared. I'm scared that everytime we interact with each other, we compromise our friendship." I say truthfully, sniffling.

"Aww, sweetie." She said comforting me with a rub on my back.

"Laura, I don't want to lose him." I say letting a lone tear finally escape and I wiped it rashly before more leaked out unintentionally.

"But, you and Shawn... what about Camila? What do you want to do about that."

"Nothing. I never want Shawn to leave her for me, I didn't want this to happen. I just miss us arguing over movies and the little playful banter we had. But now, we're going to lose that because of this stupid thing called feelings."

I say before cupping my wet face in my hands. The tears left my face freely but Laura lifted my head up to have a full view of my tear stained face.

"Look at me, clearly you two need to talk and work a lot of things out. But no matter what happens the storm will pass, okay?"

I nodded even though I didn't fully believe her statement. All I felt was agony and the feeling of losing someone.