#10 Popcorn overload

×××

Laura just couldn't shut up during the whole shoot. She and some muscular sandy blonde guy kept the whole crew laughing. Including Maleficent.

She gave such discrete smiles, if you didn't look closely, you would have missed them.

"Okay Laura, I think it's high time you shut your trap. I'm tryna work here." I said.

She just chuckled and totally ignored what I had just by telling another funny tale of her odd childhood.

"Let's wrap up for the day," Shawn yawned, stretching out like like a stray cat. "I'm still very tired from yesterday."

"Sure." I took the camera and checked the photos out. They weren't bad at all.

"Are they good?"

"Yeah, I'll just hand them to Ms Salem."

"Without giving me a preview?"

"Yes. You would not appreciate the beauty in it if I showed you."

"What do you mean? I do appreciate how much of a beauty I am every freaking day. Besides, I know a thing or two about photography."

"Do you now? The only thing you could possibly know about photography is Snapchat filters."

He came over and looked over the photo's. He showed me his favourites and I told him I don't have any, because his ugliness ruined the pictures.

I couldn't admit my favourite was the photo of him giving an innocent smile, his hazel eyes bright.

Hazel.

That's the colour of his eyes.

I don't why I felt a mild rush of satisfaction finally knowing this unnecessary piece of information.

"Clumsy, you still up for tonight?" Shawn asked.

×××

I made an extra effort to look presentable tonight. Instead of wearing and beanie and a hoodie, I wore the hoodie only.

See, effort.

There was a knock on the door and it was him. Holding two comically large bags of popcorn.

"What in the

"What in the..."

"Popcorn!" He said. "One for you and one for me."

"Oh my goodness, Shawn! Where did you get that from? The BFG?"

"No, I got it from the sweet shop downtown."

"That was not the point I was trying to make." I let him in.

I watched him casually put the popcorn on the table and grabbed the remote. I checked his head for horns growing out of his head, but are guess that this was really an everyday thing for him.