#12 Fugly fiat

×××

"Nervous?" Shawn whispered in my ear.

"Yes, and you are not helping." I fidget with my Nikon camera.

"Why so nervous?"

"I'm taking photo's of Camilla." I puffed. "Need I say more?"

"You weren't this nervous to be my photographer."

"Do I sense jealousy, Shawnie boy?"

"Me? Jealous? Pfft." He brushed it off, but I remained unconvinced.

I paced nervously around the reception, and checked if I had my camera for the hundredth time. Of course I had it, it's around my neck.

I'm officially photographing Camilla today. Although it's just for fun, I still feel the impending pressure on my shoulders. Never in my life did I ever think I'd be taking pictures of A-listers like Shawn and Camilla.

"Here, she's here." He said, almost prancing out of the door like a needy puppy.

We spotted her standing near a grey Mercedes with heavily tinted glass. "Hola!" She gave a wide, all white dazzling smile.

They embraced and unexpectedly kissed. I was rather taken back by their casual and intense public display of affection.

"Cam, hey!" She hugged me, the physical contact the hug came with also took me by suprise.

"Hey Camilla." I croaked like a teenage boy. Shawn noticed and sent a smirk my way.

"Got any ideas for the pictures are going to be set? Location?"

"Well we could do it over..." I pointed at a random direction. "Or maybe we can go over..." I pointed in the opposite direction, feeling totally lost.

"Camilla, she doesn't know anything about L.A." Shawn mocked my stupidity.

"Oh. Sorry, of course. I don't know what I was thinking. How about the beach?"

"In that outfit? No. It's modern, the colours aren't all that colourful. We need to brighten things up a bit and give it a sense of contrast. I'm thinking about a background that is fresh, light and nature-like. It'll give a questioning contrast between nature and your outfit."

"Look at that. She actually knows her stuff." Shawn said which made me swell up with pride.

×××

We cruised around the car looking for just the right spot in this city. I continually peered out of the window, looking at the magnificent buildings, the the almost clear sky.

Los Angeles is really a sight to see. I took a few photo's out of the window, sat back and stared at them.

After driving past what seemed like a million streets, I spotted it. "Camilla, look over there."I scanned the area. "It's perfect, come on out." I ran out to the open spot.

"Really?" Shawn looked at the street.

"Trust me, I'm an expert at this." I boasted with false confidence. "Just stand somewhere here."

Shawn went over to where I was pointing and I gave a loud sigh. "Not you, Einstein!"

"Why? Are you threatened by the fact I'm more handsome than you?"

"How dare you insult my male ego?" I mocked.

"Just move aside and let the queen perform her magic ." Camilla interjected.

"Thank you." I accepted her compliment.

"I meant me."

"Oh yeah, right." I flushed, more than slightly embarrassed.

"But we can always share the crown, can't we?"

"I'm afraid not, I have a fat head." I humoured weakly.

"No lie there." I pouted like a mischievous child towards Shawn and his comment.

"Let's just get on with this." Camilla said, discretely giving Shawn a signal to cut it out.

We took some photo's and they actually turned out good. It was obvious that she knew how to work her way with the camera. And it was obvious that Shawn was brutally annoying.

Camilla ran towards me, eager to see the pictures after a few snaps.

"These are totally going on my Instagram." She squealed.

"So I guess we're done for today, let's head back." Shawn offered.

"Just a sec." She said, then turned to a car. "Can I take one by that car, please. I've been looking at it for a while and it looks so cool."

"Yeah sure, whatever." I don't know much about cars, I think I'd be happy to own even with a fiat later on in my life, no matter how ugly it looks.

"Hey! What are you doing there!" I old man infested snow white hair barked at us at his porch,

Which-- stupidly-- sent us running.

×××

We walked back into the hotel and we were chatting up about their worst grades.

"Low wasn't it?" Shawn said, referring to his grade.

"Yep. On the bright side it's higher than your IQ."

"And your height." He shot back.

"Wow, you guys act like siblings sometimes."

"Please. I have one annoying sibling, I don't need another one in my life."

"Annoying? Have you met you, Shawn?

"I know what you mean." Camilla agreed.

"You're on her side? You dirty backstabber."

"But I do make a cute backstabber, don't I?"

"The cutest." He kissed her cheek.

And the PDA keeps on rolling.

"Oh, Cam. Are you coming with us tonight?"

"She's not coming." Shawn simply stated.

"What makes you say that?" I asked, feeling slightly offended.

"You're like a vampire you never leave your room. You are so... how can I put this-- unadventurous."

"Unadventourous?" That's not a word. "Because of that, I'm coming. See you tonight."

I got into my room. I opened the door again.

"Just one question, where are we going?"

×××