#17 Gush your brains

×××

My ears were still glued to the door five minutes later as he went on playing. Once in a while, he'd stop and groan heavily. Probably frustrated that he'd made a mistake.

So whenever he groaned, I giggled a little.

Though his mistakes, he still played beautifully. I wondered many things as he played, like how long he'd been practicing the guitar. And who taught him to play.

And after a few seconds, he abruptly stops. I lean heavily in on the door to decipher why he'd stopped

"Um, hello?" I heard him say through the door.

He couldn't possibly be talking to me, maybe he was on the phone.

"Is somebody out there?" He asked.

I hold my breath and seized to move, just in the hope that he'd ignore the sounds outside his door and carry on playing. It was simple to do so, all I had to do was imagine that Ms Salem was on the hunt for me.

Not too long after that, I hear slow footsteps towards the door. Cheese and crackers, he's coming!

My mind rushed. This is my queue to run, so I turn around and attempt to race to my door.

Key word being attempt.

My foot gets caught in a rug which causes me to stumble all the way into my door.

My face collides with the door and the after effect left me butt down in on ground, shrieking and rubbing my throbbing nose in pain.

"Clumsy--" he questions after the door opens.

He quickly came to my aid as swooped down, places a piece of my hair behind my ears, grabs my chin and forces me to look at him. He looks at my face and just stares.

He's eyes are breathtaking. The hazel is much more intense up close like this. It's hard not to get lost in them. Just looking at them dissolves a tiny fraction of the pain away. Just a tiny fraction.

If I wasn't in hysterical pain, I would have blushed blood red.

"Blood," He just says.

"What?" I replied confused, a little agigated from the pain. I couldn't be blushing, I was in too much pain for that.

"Clumsy, you're bleeding." He explained.

I look down at my grey hoodie. It had maroon droplets tainted on it, and I held my fingers up to my face.

Red.

I think I'm going to pass out...

×××

"I think that will do." He said, as he takes the ice pack that has gone liquid from me.

"Thanks." I mumbled.

There I sat on the kitchen table while he nursed me. That would have been the most shocking thing that had happened today. But the fact that he'd carried me bridal style into his apartment just took the flipping bloody cake.

He dumped the ice pack into the sink. "But my nose kinda hurts." I whine.

"Yeah... Looks like it has swelled up a bit. I think I saw some band aids lying around somewhere here."

He rumages around his cabinets and a white box emerges with his hand. And he pulls out a band aid. A pink one.

"Is that the only colour you've got?" I ask indignantly.