#15 Dance with me

×××

Laura was drunk in the highest degree as she swayed to the pop beats. She has fallen on the sand more than a few times, so I had to be the bigger person and be responsible for her.

I bet that's how Shawn felt last night.

After a while, I gave Laura less attention. If she falls, she is more than capable of getting back on her feet.

I don't know if you've noticed, but I'm not very good at being the bigger person.

After a while, I spot a cute brunette that has a pride rainbow hair band. She and her glitter covered friends stared at me, and they're all giggling.

I went still and avoided their gaze, because their not so discrete stares could only mean two things. They are either laughing at me, or they like me.

Both possibilities sounded awful.

They begin hooting at me. Which, by the way, was very rude.

"Sorry. I'm taken." I briefly say, just to tone down their rude form of flattery.

It didn't work as they began hooting even more, probably sensing that was lying.

Laura falls on the sand again and I see this as an opportunity to prove the hooting girls wrong.

"Oh babe!" I gasped, rushing over to assist her up. "I think you had enough for tonight."

"Have a seat. Are you okay?" And to seal the deal, I added a sweet little "honey"at the end.

This was bound to show them.

"Honey? I knew something was going on between you two." Shawn acknowledged his presence.

It caused me to squirm a little inside.

"Hey you!" Camila said, suddenly emerging from behind him.

"Hey." I half gasped. "What... what are you doing here?"

She shrugged. "We spotted you two from the balcony and decided to join in." She looks around. "It's a pride party right? Looks pretty fun."

"It is." I reply. "Not that I'd know, I didn't socialise."

I look over at the girls. They'd stopped hooting, their attention was now drawn to the only celebrities at the beach.

"Then loosen up. Have a drink or two." Camila suggested.

"Drinks, of course. I'll get us the first round." Shawn volunteered. Camilla cheered in delight, Laura slurred in delight before falling of her seat.

"I'll pass." I said, helping Laura up. I just knew that what ever he was bringing was alcoholic.

Once he had left, Camila began dancing.

"Come on, Cam. Bring your body this way." She asked and I disagreed.

"Come on, it'll be fun." She persisted.

"I don't dance."

"Just sway to the beat Cam."

"My answer is still a no."

"What are you so afraid of? Ooh! Our drinks." She ran towards Shawn who carried two non-alcoholic drinks and one beer.

Laura grabbed the beer and chugged it down.