#3 Soon

×××

The event soon came to a close. Everyone was so full of life and energy.

I could only imagine attending things like this more often. I could get used to this job.

Too bad I only have it for today. It's quite misfortune that I had to cross paths with that she devil.

I neatly packed all the equipment that they had provided.

"The pictures." Hank politely asked.

"Here." I said handing him the camera.

"These are quite good." He said smiling, but his smile quickly turned into a frown as he moved along.

Holy chicken gravy, what did I do now.

"You took photographs of everyone performing?"

"Yes?"

"Oh, I see your mistake. You were expected to take photos of Shawn exclusively."

"Like, a private photographer?"

"Mhmm. But these are good nonetheless. Do you have any use of them?"

"Yes. I'll take those." I said taking the camera and heading off for the door.

"Mrs Chesterfield?"

"Yes?"

"Your pay."

Oh yeah.

"Get into that office and Ms Salem will assist you."

I open up the door with uncertainty though still greatful that I'll be getting my pay.

"Pictures." Malificent ordered before I even got fully into the tiny office.

I hand over my camera over to her and she scrolls over them.

She looks thoroughly through them them gave me a faint smile.

"Good." She says and hands me a cheque.

Not just any cheque. A huge cheque.

"I guess I'll be seeing you soon, Ms Chesterfield."

"Thank you ma'am." I smiled and exited the room with a great goofy grin on my face. Holding the cheque on my chest, close to my heart.

Soon.

Puzzled by her earlier statement she had left me with I then opened the door again and stuck my head into the room.

"When you mean soon, you mean, I get the job?"

"Yes." She said giving a tiny smile, probably because of my childlike behavior. "I guess this means I'll be seeing you again."

×××

The very next day, an email was sent informing me the address I should be at.