XXX - The Viking Warrior

After warning about Klaus' purposes, the wizard king Agathor, Philip's biological father, stopped for a moment and remembered the time when Juan saved his son, still a baby, and took him at the request of his mother, the sorceress queen Elheonora, to be put in the place of King Albert's daughter, who would be born lifeless. Agathor could never forget nor show enough gratitude for Juan's valuable help. Living the life of a prince, the boy was raised by loving and caring parents until the day Juan returned to mentor him, at a young age, on how to use his magical powers.

"Thank you, Agathor, for letting me know about the dark wizard's plans."

"I am the one that should thank you, my friend, for you're the one who saved my son. I shall send someone from my world to support you with the sword fighting. You'll need all possible assistance."

"Thank you again, dear Wizard King. I'll tell the young man that you were here."

The cold wind blew once again, producing goosebumps on Juan's arms, and an immense light almost blinded him. Then Elheonora, Philip's biological mother, appeared.

"Dear, we have to go. Our son can no longer waste a single minute of his time," she said, and then she turned to Juan. "Thank you, mage, for leaving aside your own problems to dedicate yourself to my son. You did what I asked you to do when we met by the river in the Dark Forest. I'll never be able to reward you enough for all that you've done. Nevertheless, we're doing our best from the spiritual world to help you to face the forces of evil."

"May you go in peace... I'll do everything within my power to help the boy and save humankind."

"We trust you..."

Then they left after saying goodbye.

The wizard went back inside, to get some sleep-in order to restore his energies. When the morning came, during breakfast, he told the couple about what was to come. They were astonished by such madness. Neither one could believe that humanity was running a dangerous risk of being extinguished. But their thoughts were interrupted suddenly.

"Someone is waiting for you, Philip, at the gate." Juan said, seeming to know who the visitor was.

The boy had already finished eating and went to see who was waiting for him.

"What a pleasant surprise. What brings you here?"

"We are here to ask you to reconsider our offer to teach you how to fight with the art of the Kung Fu."

The visitors were Dante and Leonardo, the monks who wanted to assist him on the battle against the forces of evil.

"This time I'm not turning down your generous offer. Last time I did it, I paid a high price. Your help is more that welcome."

Juan let go of the window's curtain after listening to the conversation and smiled with satisfaction seeing that his pupil was changing his behavior.

At the backyard of the house, a great training had begun. Strokes of all styles of the most perfect Kung Fu were taught, racing against time, which was each time shorter. In a few weeks, Klaus would be ready to attack. The monks brought sticks, shurikens and nunchakus so Philip could learn the art of the fight. He paid attention to every detail.

Alexia watched the training and even learned some strokes, but Juan and Philip wouldn't allow her to join the battle against Klaus this time. What happened in another life at the Castle of the Absents couldn't be forgotten or repeated. They wanted to protect her at all costs. The troubles she went through in their company were enough.

However, something different happened at one of Philip's nights. He heard someone calling him outside. He went there and found no one. Juan appeared and told him:

"Whoever wants to talk to you is not on this world. You must open a portal and let them in. You have the power for this, because this enchantment was in the Book of Souls."

"It's in my mind, master. But, to me, it seems impossible that I have such power."

"You must believe, son! There's much more right there inside your head. It's up to you to learn how to use it. I'll help you on this mission."

The young man concentrated stretching his right hand and pronounced the magic words in German that ordered the opening of the portal to the world of the dead.

"Öffne das Portal der Totenwelt!"

Someone was waiting for the chance to cross over... It was Enzo Thyodar, the Nordic sorcerer of the Lunes clan, a bearded man with long golden hair, wearing his beard and carrying a sword in its scabbard under his cloak.

"The great King Agathor ordered me to come and teach you how to fight with a sword. I'm a Viking warrior and sorcerer who has always protected honor and justice. Your father told me that you are in the possession of Night's Fury. I would like to see it again."

Philip raised his hand and thrust it into an invisible opening in front of him in the air, from which he took the silver blade with which Enzo knew how to fight like no one else did, for it had been his sword.

"Klaus is here. And we're going to fight him. He's getting stronger by the day, and gathering hordes of Basnet warlocks and others from the world of the dead."

"What a powerful spell! But he should leave alone those who are resting. One should not mess with problems already solved. I'll teach you how to fight like a warrior, boy, in honor to your father and against all evil."

The brave warrior began to show the young man how to use the sword.

"How I liked Night's Fury! The sword that has the power of exterminating spiritual beings. But it's necessary to pierce the blade right in the spot where there once was a heart when the person was alive. Never forget that."

"Juan had already told me that. We have already sent many spiritual beings back," the boy said, excited.

"Hopefully, they'll never come back," Juan commented too.

"So, the great Juan is still alive... As an immortal... Legend said that you had been devoured by mountain's wolves. Odin had a purpose for you, wizard. You and the Phantom Man shall save humanity and send the dead back to their sleep."

"That's what I'm fighting for, great Viking hero."

"I don't consider myself a hero, mage. I just fight for the values that I believe in. You and Philip are the true defenders of humankind."

The sword training began. The young man trained during the day with the monks and at night with Enzo. Within a few days, he already felt more confident for the combat, mainly because, when he was young, he also had trained for the fight with the captain of King Albert's royal guard. But now the mentor was special because he knew the weapon better than anyone else. After all, he was the sword's owner.

Every night, the Viking sorcerer crossed the portal that Philip opened to teach the best combat techniques. Gradually, the boy was learning tricks and strikes with the blade. Also, he was learning how to use his hands and feet with the Kung Fu art the monks taught him. They were really focused on rescuing of the book stolen by Klaus, while Enzo was devoted to helping death follow its path as the traditions demanded, including the Viking's.

But would all this training be enough to subdue Klaus and his followers?

____________________________

Also  read #TheDeathMoon by #ChaieneSantos chaienesantoswriter