XXXI - The Creature's Desire

The warlock was looking through some documents in his office with Samantha, who became his personal assistant, when Robson entered the room passing through the door.

"I already told you, Fratello, that there are right ways to get into places. You are now an executive and I could be in a business meeting with ordinary humans. Imagine my clients' faces if they saw you running through walls! They'll be terrified, and I'll lose good deals."

"You don't have to worry, master. I'll knock on the door before I get in."

"And stop calling me master. It also doesn't match our roles as the entrepreneurs we are now."

"Right, Mr. Edward!"

"That's better now."

Samantha laughed discreetly at their conversation. Then, Silene came in followed by two warlock henchmen.

"Sir, the constructions of the castle you chose are ready, and it's a good distance from the city. I ordered the engineers to follow your specifications. I can assure you that the place is the exact copy of the Castle of the Absents, as you wanted us to build it."

"How I miss my castle! Despite having another one in Italy, I really liked the old one. There was a supernatural atmosphere to it that is quite hard to find in this century. I hope you followed thoroughly the details I gave you."

"It's perfect, master. Next week, you can already move in if you want."

"That's great! That miserable Philip! He destroyed my castle... I'll give him what he deserves. And what about the dungeon? Did they built it as I said, exactly like the original one?"

"In every detail. I'm sure you're going to like it."

"I want to perform the rite of passage at the new Castle of the Absents. I'll leave this mansion here for special occasions. It would be interesting if you, Robson, went with Silene to check out the works there." Klaus told the Doppelgänger, because he was aware that he knew the castle like the palm of his hands. "In the meantime, I'll settle some pending issues with the realtor, to make sure the papers are in order. When I'm done with the wizard Juan and the Phantom Man, I might decide to settle down in this country. I'm really enjoying the profits... Plus, there'll be no more witches on the face of the Earth. I'll be the only one, powerful and rich. I'll have the world under my fingers."

Robson Nortybryen scratched his mustache and found interesting the idea of checking the castle with Silene. After all, he liked her.

She noticed that the master despised her and that the night of love they had was nothing to him but an adventure. The warlock only wanted Silene to work for him because of her leadership skills, nothing else, and she was aware of that.

"This weekend, I'll be moving to the castle. Make the arrangements, and then I'll summon more followers to cross the passage to our world."

Klaus was thinking about the best warriors he knew from the Basnet clan to fight by his side, adding to the ones he had already recruited. While he met with the real state company's representatives, back at the castle, Silene checked the last details, talking to the boss's right-hand man.

"I see you've hired many employees to work here, Silene."

"The garden is large and so is the castle. The master asked for scary trees, like the ones on the other, and carnivorous plants. He wanted a lake that looked like a swamp, and I had to put our people, who are used to magic, to work with us."

"Very good! This way we won't have any problems. But let me ask you something, Silene," the creature was recalling the intimate moments he had had with her. "Is there any chance that you'd be interested in a guy like me? Because I feel a magical attraction to you. I've always been immune to these things, but it looks like you have bewitched me."

"Robson! Or should I call you Fratello, like the master?"

"You can call whatever you want... As long as you keep talking to me." He stared inside her eyes, trying to show her his passion.

"My looks are very different from what you're seeing before you. I'm old and ugly, almost like a monster... You wouldn't stay with me if you saw how I truly am, not even for a second."

"I'm not looking for beauty. I want a woman that's independent and has initiative, just like you. We are birds of same feather. In this shape I'm in, I also look like a younger, successful and handsome man; none of it has value for me. I like being the way I really am, but I use this skin is to enjoy life as a human being."

"I believe we think very similarly, Fratello."

"You can call me Rob. When you call me Fratello, it seems like Klaus talking... And I'm already tired of it."

"I also think you deserve better. It's clear to me that you're the one who takes care of everything to him."

"He doesn't care about me. He ignores me and treats me like trash."

"I know what it feels like. He also ignored me when I thought I had some value for him."

"But you are very important to me... Believe me, Silene! Join me, and together we'll be more powerful. I'll do whatever you want. I can be your slave, if you want."

"Don't be silly, man! We share the same wish. We are the same."

The creature loved being called a man for the first time, and that made him feel like a human being.

The witch looked into the eyes of the muscular, attractive man that was there at that moment, the both alone in a bedroom on the third floor, while she showed him the room of the castle's owner. She put her left hand on Robson's face and brought her full lips to his. They kissed, and that worked as an antidote to the sadness she felt for being ignored by Klaus. Now, someone had declared his feelings for her, and it seemed real this time.

Within a few minutes, they were without their clothes, embracing and making love in their boss's bed. Somehow it felt like an affront. Even though they passed through ages, they were taking advantage of those younger bodies to feel more intimate and human.

"Silene, I feel a strong desire to stay close to you," Robson said, surrendering completely to passion.

"I also feel something new for you, Rob! I must confess that I'd already noticed in your eyes that you wanted me. I'll do everything I can to help you fulfill your desire of being a human, and we'll be happy together."

"But it's best if the master doesn't learn about this for now. It seems like he wants to rule over my feelings. And I don't like it."

"There's a time for everything, my dear. We'll keep on serving him, and be together whenever possible."

They both smiled as they put on their clothes, planning a future filled with love that only time would validate.

Far away, someone was watching them.

It was Klaus, who had already arrived at his mansion after coming back from the company. Through his crystal pyramid, he saw that something was growing between the two. But he considered himself powerful enough, and thought that the creature really needed someone to calm his desire of being something different in the world of mankind.

Maybe that would be a remedy for Fratello's personality deviations, and the creature would finally leave him alone with his desire of being a human.

What the dark warlock was failing to consider is that high doses of a remedy may turn it into poison...

__________________________