XXXIII - Decoy

In the castle's garden, the warlocks were training for the fights with their swords, bows and arrows. Silene was shooting at silhouette targets she had prepared herself.

"What an interesting weapon, witch! Do you really think you need this? A gun?" Klaus asked as he supervised the training of his soldiers. "Why not attack with magic?"

Near him, the creature that used Robson Nortybryen's shape to feel more human, or perhaps to impress the woman he wanted next to him, was watching the activities.

"Anything that has lethal power is of my interest, master. I want to deliver the entire package in your hands as if it were a gift. I'll do whatever it takes to make it happen."

"Well said. I want you to take care of the training and teach the team the art of physical fighting. I know you are the best at combat techniques. Fratello will lead my hordes against my enemies."

At that moment, Silene picked a pistol, spinned the gun around her index finger and then put it on its holster, and Robson showed his sharp claws, the lethal weapon he liked best.

"I'll do my best, Master Klaus," Silene answered, full of conviction.

"I shall lead the world of the dead," Robson said with his human voice, full of confidence.

"And I shall reign over both worlds," Klaus laughed loudly, celebrating the strength of his plan and his army.

The others laughed with him to please his arrogant ego.

***

At Philip's house, they were having a conversation.

"I saw that Klaus is living in a castle. I've got the address. Tomorrow we'll invade his lair. The monks that are after the book want to go with us. They'll be of great help. They're fierce fighters."

"Warn everyone, Juan," the young man said, and he then turned to his lover. "As for you, Al... I ask you to stay in a hotel in London this time. I want you safe from any kidnapping threats. I don't you made hostage again."

"I've already packed my things. I'll be safe," she said, showing that she was ready for what was to come.

Juan opened a portal in the air and they crossed it. On the other side, they stepped into an alley next to a hotel. Juan and Philip checked Alexia in, and she was well hidden in a very comfortable room.

"Unless something serious happens, do not contact us, at least for now." Philip asked her. He wanted to make sure that no one would discover her whereabouts.

"I've even bought something for the nausea. As soon as this crazy situation is over, I'll start getting prenatal care. Everything will be fine. Take care, you two... I need you with me more than ever. You heard me, grandpa?" She smiled at the old man. "And Phil, you have to take double care. Everything you've told me about this psychopath made me really frightened of what could happen."

"I promise to be careful, dear. Now, your job is to take care of our baby."

They embraced each other tightly. Juan approached her, in the shape he kept of her grandfather, and embraced her.

"Be safe, Alexia! Never forget that deep in my heart you'll always be my granddaughter. Don't leave this room, I beg you, and don't talk to strangers. Those warlocks can transform themselves into anything and anyone they want, including animals."

The two hugged as Philip watched.

As they said their final goodbye, a stranger was at their house.

"Juan used ancient magic to observe us. Now we'll pay back by arriving at his den," Klaus had convoked the creature to follow him.

By using a spell that allowed him to recognize who had been watching him the night before, he and Fratello arrived at the room where Juan's altar was.

He observed everything after making sure that there was no one in the house, and then he went to the young man's room to look for the sword Silene had told him about, a weapon that could kill spiritual beings. The Doppelgänger performed a spell that prevented them from being perceived by the mages. A whirlwind involved them in a kind of cloud of invisibility.

Then Klaus commanded the sword of power to show itself to him.

"Gladius of potestate. Monstra te ipsum!"

A light revealed the place where the weapon rested. It was in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by a type of shield of energy. He watched it, together with the creature, and they realized the great power the object exuded. He unsheathed his sword from beneath his cloak and cast a spell on the blade, turning it into silver. It looked exactly like the one he was stealing at that moment. Then he inserted the false cold weapon in the shield, speaking other charms in Latin.

"Time to go, Fratello! Make sure we didn't leave any trace."

"All clear, master," he answered after checking everything around him.

The warlock ran his finger across the air and then they both crossed the space, headed to the castle.

After some time, the mage and the young man returned to their house. They began to get themselves ready, and outside there were more people, who had arrived to help. They were the monks, and they came with their deadly weapons. Attack artifacts were given to Philip, like shurikens, nunchakus and sticks. He would still use his sword to finish his opponents. But he didn't know that the thing he was carrying was nothing but a replica, and it would probably get him in real trouble.

______________________________