XXXII - A Stronger Reason

The castle was a five-story fortification, covered with windows so large that that light came in easily. For this reason, they were all covered by long and thick curtains that blocked out all the clarity, producing the ghostly air that pleased the castle's residents so much.

Next to the castle, small constructions were also built to house the employees and to keep them far from the castle's business whenever necessary. A few yards ahead, there was a garden with a bridge that crossed a stream. The fields covered with beautiful grass didn't quite please the owner that much, but it was part of the package. In time, he would find a way to make the place more haunting, match his personal taste. For now, his only concern was to solve the most important issue in his life, the one that had made him live through the centuries driven by the desire for revenge. And his reward would be draining all the energy from the King of the Wizards' son.

On the other side of the town, the monks were getting ready to assist Philip and his mentor in whatever they needed. Every effort would be made to recover the book and return it to the temple.

On the last night of the sword training, Enzo Thyodar said goodbye to Philip.

"I've accomplished my mission and honored your father's request, young mage. You have a tough fight ahead. The enemy is full of tricks. He deceived us in the past, and he'll surely have many tricks to use against you now. His goal is very clear: to destroy you. Keep your faith in the gods. I shall pray to Odin and ask Him to help you, son of Agathor."

"Thank you for all you've done for me, Enzo. I'll fight to death if needed to put an end to this threat and save the world from destruction."

"Considering his plan to rule both worlds, it'll be difficult to stop him if he is as powerful as we believe he is," Juan said, worried.

"Great mage, you must follow this young man and show him the power he has and that he is not entirely aware of," said Enzo.

"I shall do it, my friend."

"Good. Now I have to go..."

They said goodbye, and the Viking crossed the portal of light that separated the worlds.

Before going to sleep that night, Juan went to the magic room he had prepared. With one finger, he stirred the waters in the cauldron, then added some herbs, cherry and willow leaves and a pinch of nutmeg. He also used ingredients like a drop of owl's blood and an eagle feather. Finally, he spoke magic words and energized the objects and symbols on the altar with the moonlight.

The mirrored surface of the water showed a vision of Klaus in his castle. Immediately, in the mage's mind, memories of all the years he lived incarcerated in the enemy's dungeon returned. He noticed many Barnet warlocks were already gathered around the evil one. They all wore their dark brown robes, traditionally used during ceremonies. And that was precisely what was taking place at that moment. Juan also saw in the castle's entrance a sign with the address written on it.

In the new Castle of the Absents, the evil warlock's eyes widened. In Silene's bedroom, Robson suddenly stopped kissing her. He had also felt something strange in the air. His master had felt someone spying on them. Someone who knew how to use ancient magic, not used for such a long time, could only be one person: Juan.

"Soon the mage will show up with the Phantom Man. We are going to open the portal tonight. Come on, Fratello, Silene and everyone else! The time has come..."

Back at Philip's house, Alexia started to sweat and woke up.

"What's up, honey?"

"Phil! I am feeling something strange. An urge to throw up, even though I haven't eaten anything different today."

He watched her not knowing what to do. The young woman ran to the bathroom to vomit, and felt sick all night. The other day, she decided to take some tests. That was when she knew:

"I'm pregnant, Phil. We're going to have a baby."

"How wonderful, my love. I promise to be the best father in the world."

"I not sure if it's the best time, because we have been living a dangerous life lately. But I'll do everything I can to protect our baby."

Juan heard the news from his room. The wizard smiled with satisfaction. It was a real strong reason... They couldn't fail.

________________________________

Also read #TheDeathMoon by #ChaieneSantos chaienesantoswriter